No announcement yet.

Cannonball 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to all of the Cannonball participants, life is an adventure and challenge; this ride is an embodiment of those two experiences. Godspeed.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Originally posted by rickgeo View Post
      Does anyone know the location where the cannonballers be staying when they arrive in Bowling Green,Ohio on sept.11th.
      The schedule shows we're to finish at Buffalo Wild Wings starting at 4:50 pm, and for the bikes to remain there until 6:00 pm (it doesn't show the address if there's more than one store in town). The participants will be staying at the Best Western Falcon Plaza (Wooster St.), Fairfield Inn (Wooster St.). and the Hampton Inn (Campbell Hill Rd.).

Comment

thanks brethren! Bowling green is a pretty fair size town, home of Bowling Green state University & Wood county seat about 30 miles south of Toledo on I-75

Comment

Originally posted by rickgeo View Post
          thanks brethren! Bowling green is a pretty fair size town, home of Bowling Green state University & Wood county seat about 30 miles south of Toledo on I-75
          Anybody remember,...

The "Big Boogie" at the park and raceway in '78?

....Cotten
          Attached Files
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-02-2018, 02:19 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

The Big Boogie was in Bowling Green Kentucky, not Bowling Green Ohio. And yes I was there.
            Jim D

Comment

Originally posted by jim d View Post
              The Big Boogie was in Bowling Green Kentucky, not Bowling Green Ohio. And yes I was there.
              Well,....

They're about the same distance from me!

("Springfield"s really confuse me.)

Remember any bikes burning, Jim?
              (not on the track..)

....Cotten
              PS: Back to topic, Folks,

Do any of the participants display sponsors or the like upon their machines?
              Thanks in advance as always,.. .. .
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-02-2018, 05:08 PM.
              AMCA #776
              Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Anybody know if there is a 'host' hotel for the Cannonball? We want to come up to Binghampton to lend a hand, if/as needed, but not sure where the popular hotels will be?IMG_20170828_121933087.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by sprangerny View Post
                  Anybody know if there is a 'host' hotel for the Cannonball?
                  Most stops have us spread out across 2-3 motels because of capacity issues, none designated as 'headquarters' or 'host', but in Binghamton everyone fits into the Doubletree. I hadn't noticed before, but my printout doesn't show an address for the hotel.

Comment

Many thanks. Already booked at the Doubletree. 225 Water Street. Doug

Comment

what average speed can we figure? would like to time it so we can see the main group coming to Anamosa on stage 6. should be around 100 miles from Rock Falls. hope to see everyone then.

Comment

They are expected about 4pm...don't be late!

Comment

BoschZEV, I've just now signed-up/joined instgram.com and clicked on your
                          "Follow" button specifically to read and see your 2018 CANNONBALL posts!
                          Jack

Comment

Keep up your good progress. Following here and on Instagram. Great photos.

Mike Love

Comment

I've read what I could to follow this Cannonball, and I think the reports on the AMCA site are the best I've seen...so thanks to you guys doing the writing!

One thing I didn't find, and I don't understand, is why on the third stage, they called off the stage and gave evryone 1 mile for the stage....EXCEPT for Jim Minor on a 1918 Harley J, he got zero miles for that stage! He's covered every other mile of the Cannonball but that one missing mile puts him at the bottom of the list. What gives? Stupid rule problem? Or legit faux pas? Nobody rode that stage, so why did they dock Jim Minor one mile?
                              Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Working...
                              X