Bear Mountain Chapter Swap Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bear Mountain Chapter Swap Meet

The Bear Mountain Chapter is having their 3rd annual swap meet on Sept 9th. It is located in the "Black Dirt" region of Orange County N.Y.
    The location is the P.L.A.V. (Polish Legion of American Veterans, Post 16) located at 16 Legion Lane, Pine Island N.Y. Its about 50 miles due west of the George Washington Bridge. We have room for up to 65 or so vendors. Usually have 40-45 vendors, indoor and outdoor bars, large pavilion with live band, couple of great gourmet food trucks, spotless bathrooms, even have burn-out pits for the toads to entertain us. It is also near the tri-state intersection of N.Y. N.J. and Pa. Grounds are spotless, riding is on 55mph smooth roads where rush hour is 5 cars caught behind a tractor hauling hay. Vending spots are 15 wide x25 deep and are 25 bucks. If you have a 25ft truck and a 20 ft. trailer that is 2 spots. There is camping nearby if you desire at Black Bear Campground, 197 Wheeler Road, Florida, N.Y. 845-651-7717. For swap meet info call Eddie at Unique Cycles at 973-728-0006 or myself at 914-523-3531. Bear Mtn. members get in free, 35 yr old bikes get in free and true period correct hot rods get in free. No fiberglass bodies or crate motors. Otherwise it is a whopping 5 bucks to support our club. You can sell anything at your spot as long as it is legal and doesn't breathe.
    Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 08-27-2018, 01:13 PM.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

This Sunday for anyone in the NW NJ or Southern NY area. Prices are nothing like ebay or the big meets. People want to sell their stuff not lug it home. No rain till after dark.
    D. A. Bagin #3166 AKA Panheadzz 440 48chief W/sidecar 57fl 57flh 58fl 66m-50 68flh 70xlh

Comment

Hopefully that is your prediction and not that of the weather liar because they are seldom correct. If it rains before dusk you are buying me a beer. See you tomorrow Drew.

Comment

Well, that's what it said at the time. LOL. Lyle, I don't need rain to buy you a beer. I looked at 2 different weather reports and got 2 different predictions. I'm going with the better one. Sprinkle once in a while. If the sun would pop out and warm up the black dirt, thermals would chase away the clouds. Happens all the time there.
        Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 09-08-2018, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Well Lyle and I both made out. No rain, beer, a nip of SC and a great time. Maybe we didn't have all the twin cam Milwaukee8 looky-seers because of the weather, but we sure had parts and buyers. It really amazed me as to the amount of people that came out and not only vended but everyone leaving was lugging something out to their car. That's what it's about, isn't it. Same time next year, hope to see you there.
          Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 09-10-2018, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Pictures or it didn't happen......

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              Pictures or it didn't happen......
              Shoulda been there. LOL. Go to Bear Mountain Antique Motorcycle Club facebook page pics there.

Comment

Guys keep us posted on 2019 meet would love to check out...

Comment

Originally posted by brettxlch View Post
                  Guys keep us posted on 2019 meet would love to check out...
                  Well here's to keeping you posted. The swap meet is being held at the same place on Sunday, Sept. 8th. the weekend after Labor Day as it always has been. Read the first post for description and location. Nothing has changed except the DATE. Great food, band, and location. Our Facebook page has the ads along with most other motorcycle Facebook pages. See you there.
                  Last edited by D.A.Bagin; 05-24-2019, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X