trailer suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trailer suggestions

I've been looking for truck parts that could help me haul my bike. I browsed and found some suggestions on Kendon. They offer single and dual trailers which seem good and easy to store. Do you guys recommend it or is it better to look for other options?

Kendon trailer will store in a limited amount of space but is just for motorcycles. Personally, I prefer a trailer that can be used for as many different applications as possible, and just keep it outside with a lock on it. JMHO. Hope this helps. Smitty

Comment

I think I remember Folks,..

Riding as a passenger in a luxury sedan pulling one of those "stand-on-end" trailers with a Knuck on its way through expressway traffic to McCormick Place.

Details are fuzzy so long ago, but I clearly remember the trailer wheel passing us on its way to Lake Michigan.

....Cotten
      Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-22-2018, 10:02 AM.
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
        I think I remember Folks,..

Riding as a passenger in a luxury sedan pulling one of those "stand-on-end" trailers with a Knuck on its way through expressway traffic to McCormick Place.

Details are fuzzy so long ago, but I clearly remember the trailer wheel passing us on its way to Lake Michigan.

....Cotten
        Sounds like it was improperly connected and no safety chain or cable connecting the trailer to the tow vehicles frame was used.
        Be sure to visit;
        http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
        Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
        Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
          Sounds like it was improperly connected and no safety chain or cable connecting the trailer to the tow vehicles frame was used.
          Its hard to safety chain a wheel you're rolling on, Chris!

....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Reminds me of that classic song by Kenny Rogers, went something like this: "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
              Reminds me of that classic song by Kenny Rogers, went something like this: "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel"
              Proud to be your 'straight man', Harry!

....Cotten
              Attached Files
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-22-2018, 03:34 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Whenever you see a loose wheel, Folks,...

Please toss it back to 'em.

....Cotten
                Attached Files
                AMCA #776

Comment

How much is your bike worth compared to hauling it on a low budget trailer? Just saying.
                  AMCA #765

Comment

Its hard to safety chain a wheel you're rolling on, Chris!

....Cotten
                    "Riding as a passenger in a luxury sedan pulling one of those "stand-on-end" trailers with a Knuck on its way through expressway traffic to McCormick Place."

I have a hard time understanding what wheel you were rolling on? The safety chain goes from the tongue of the trailer to the frame of the towing vehicle.
                    Be sure to visit;
                    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by MotorZee View Post
                      I've been looking for truck parts that could help me haul my bike. I browsed and found some suggestions on Kendon. They offer single and dual trailers which seem good and easy to store. Do you guys recommend it or is it better to look for other options?
                      I have multiple trailers and had the fortune to buy a Kendon trailer from a long time AMCA member who recently downsized and moved to Florida. The Kendon is very well built and hauls my bikes fine. I have plenty of room for trailers but it is a nice option for those who don't allowing you to store inside a garage standing up. With that being said, I did try to stand mine up once and it is very heavy and very hard to do by yourself.
                      Craig (Delaware)
                      Delaware Bay Chapter
                      Perkiomen Chapter
                      AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                        How much is your bike worth compared to hauling it on a low budget trailer? Just saying.
                        You think Kendon's are low budget? Please explain....
                        Craig (Delaware)
                        Delaware Bay Chapter
                        Perkiomen Chapter
                        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
                          "Riding as a passenger in a luxury sedan pulling one of those "stand-on-end" trailers with a Knuck on its way through expressway traffic to McCormick Place."

I have a hard time understanding what wheel you were rolling on? The safety chain goes from the tongue of the trailer to the frame of the towing vehicle.
                          The trailer had two wheels, Chris!

Until one made an escape.

....Cotten
                          AMCA #776

Comment

MotorZee- I have a small utility trailer that I find very useful for hauling my M/C and more. Its called a "Lil Tex", an 8' wood plank bed w/ side rails (8" high). With the fenders, the total width is 64". Total length including a 3 ft. "tilt" tongue is just over eleven ft. long. It came with small 12" wheels that I upgraded with 5.30x12 six ply tires. I made a spare tire carrier that I mounted under the rear of the bed, allowing more room in the bed area, counter balancing the trailer tounge for easy lifting. I can haul two bikes easily, even 2 full size heavy-ass Harleys, (my Indians fit with ease),with tie-down rings I mounted on the rails and floor. I've seen plenty of this style trailer out here in California, mostly for dirt bikes and gardeners. The bed sets low enough, with an 8' ramp I can load the bikes myself, and I've put two bikes on the trailer by myself too, although that's kinda challenging. I like an open trailer for various reasons... I can inspect the tie-downs and all with a simple walk-around. The down side is of course, is that everyone in the world can see your bike(s), and the cargo is exposed to all the elements. Of course I put cable/locks on everything, including a tongue lock. I've mounted tennis balls on a flexible fiberglass stinger, on each side so I can see the back of the trailer in my mirrors while driving and backing. Short coupled trailers are tricky when backing, and the tennis balls come in handy. A new trailer like this goes for around $850-900, but I found mine used, from someone who wanted to upgrade to a bigger hauler. Its a great utility trailer, and you can't go wrong for a minimum investment. I do get tired of waving at all the cars that pass me with a thumbs-up when I haul my antiques, but thats a small price to pay for having a neat little trailer. Oh, you'll get a lot better gas mileage with this type trailer too. I know several guys that have the Kendon type folding trailers and mixed reviews, mostly heavy and awkward when trying to fold them up and put away, expensive, and limited for what your hauling needs may be. Keep looking, you'll find the right one for you. Roger

Comment

Now that is funny!

Mike Love

Comment

Working...
                              X