John Harvey, RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Harvey, RIP

F847C258-35D0-4537-B196-F3861CCC943B.jpgWith a very heavy heart, I regret to report our good friend and perennial AMCA National Road Run participant, passed away recently when John was senselessly run over by a tractor trailer while coming to a stop on Rte. 80 E in Iowa because of of a traffic accident that was known to drivers of all vehicles by a warning sign along the roadway. The driver of the tractor trailer is reported not to have given John any warning nor did the driver hit his brakes before impact. An investigation is ongoing. Photos and a detailed report can be found on the internet. Sad.....
    Richard

AMCA Allegheny Mountain Chapter: John Harvey Obituary

Dear Members,
    Please see the obituary for John Harvey below. With the approval of John’s family, our Chapter, other groups and interested friends will follow the hearse to the cemetery on motorcycles as a celebration of John’s life and his love of motorcycles which were a big part of his life as we all know. If you intend to ride with us, please arrive no later than 9:30 AM at the Ott Funeral Home. Any questions, please call or email.

With a heavy heart,
    Richard
    412-973-7404
    rspagnolli@aol.com

image1.jpeg

JOHN HARVEY OBITUARY

John C. Harvey, 63, of Manor, died Wednesday, Aug. 8, 2018, in Iowa. He was born Aug. 31, 1954, in McKeesport, the son of the late George and Josephine A. (Chrzastek) Harvey. Prior to his retirement, he was employed by Curtiss Wright Corp. as a journeyman machinist HVAC. He was a member of the Latrobe H.O.G. (Harley Owners Group) Club, the National H.O.G. Club, the Antique Motorcycle Club of America, lifetime member of the NRA, member of the Gun Collectors Association and the Irwin Sportsman Club. Surviving are five brothers, Paul A. (Bettie) Harvey, of North Huntingdon and their children, Jeffrey Harvey, Jodi (Tyler) Mosler, Julie (Patrick) Baker, and Paul and Bettie's grandchildren, Kylie and Ava Mosler; James B. (Bernadette Fusco) Harvey, of Penn Township, and Jim's daughter, Kara (Barry) Caruso and their daughter, Jordan; Mark D. (Lisa) Harvey, of Herminie, and their son, Matthew; Earl E. (Janet) Harvey, of Irwin, and their children, Amy Donnelly, Tina (Ed) Kovalcin, Kevin (Elizabeth) Harvey, and Earl and Janet's grandchildren, Brayden, Amelia, Ellie and Grace; and Ray F. (Robin) Harvey, of New Alexandria and their son, Bill Harvey; and John's special friend, Jill Wilding, of Penn Township.
    Friends will be received from 6 to 8 p.m. Monday, and 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, at the OTT FUNERAL HOME INC., 805 Pennsylvania Ave., Irwin. A funeral service will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday in the funeral home chapel. Interment will follow in Penn Lincoln Memorial Park, North Huntingdon.
    The family suggests in lieu of flowers, memorial donations be made to MDA/Latrobe H.O.G. c/o Z and M Cycle, 6130 Route 30, Greensburg, PA 15601. To send online condolences, please visit www.ottfuneralhome.com.
    Published in Greensburg Tribune Review from Aug. 13 to Aug. 23, 2018
    Last edited by Spag; 08-15-2018, 01:36 PM.
    Richard Spagnolli
    AMCA #6153

RIP John,
    We lost a good one.
    My condolences to his family and friends.

Comment

I met John and his close friend "Wild Bill" at the Seven Springs road run in 2007 I believe it was. Every time I went to a road run since he was one of the first persons I looked for. Always a huge smile and an honest how have you been. We just road the Catskills this summer. He had just retired. It is so very sad. Such a great guy. To his friends and family my most sincere condolences. He will be greatly missed by all who knew him. RIP John.
      DrSprocket

Comment

John was such a kind and friendly guy who, along with his long time pal Bill, always had a glad-to see-ya smile for me when I came to eastern Road Runs and Meets. My sincere sympathy to you Bill and all his friends in the Allegheny Chapter and to his extended family. What a tragic loss of a good guy too early in his life, who will be remembered and missed by those who knew him. Rest in Peace, friend.

Comment

Working...
        X