New Memeber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Memeber

Wanted to say hello and thanks for the add. I am new to the forum and the antique motorcycle community so apologies ahead of time. I am currently working on a project that I finally am able to get started on since I finally retired from the military...it’s a 1961 Servi car from San Francisco. It’s a police model that saw service on the SFPD. I want to keep as original as possible.D62F1D7F-8C73-470A-8616-7008766260C2.jpg1603071F-4D5F-4A63-BC8B-0D4BF4A7D08F.jpg4A70B40C-F4CF-4A5C-BDAC-3931B08C5898.jpg34349745-5A7B-4F78-BFC6-36D347DF3548.jpgE709CADB-ADC5-4AB4-9E30-6EE9CBD6D731.jpg
    Last edited by cal516; 08-07-2018, 08:16 AM.

Welcome! That looks like a great first antique motorcycle project, really solid and complete. I don't know much about vintage HD Police motorcycles but there are a lot of members here that will be able to help if you get stuck or have any questions. Start a thread in the member's build section, there will be a lot of comments then.
    AMCA # 3233

Comment

Nice trike with a known history!! COOL! Have FUN with it. Lots of guys here with tremendous knowledge.
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

By the 516 I take it you might be in the NorCal area. The CHP museum in Sacramento has one that we helped restore and put in service. If your over that way maybe you can check it out. Rich, Fort Sutter Chapter
        DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
          By the 516 I take it you might be in the NorCal area. The CHP museum in Sacramento has one that we helped restore and put in service. If your over that way maybe you can check it out. Rich, Fort Sutter Chapter
          Thanks for the reply. Actually, the cal516 is reference to my military service. I grew up in Northern California but retired in Tennessee after the military. My dad picked the bike up while working in San Francisco in the early '70s.

Comment

Welcome aboard. Bob L
            AMCA #3149
            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Welcome to the AMCA, cal516. You'll be (pleasantly) stunned by the knowledge, and generosity of AMCA members. Looks like you have a great project, and should have a lot of fun working on it, and riding it.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
                I tried to visit the CHP Museum. They told me it was for officers and their guests and no civilians allowed.
                Be sure to visit;
                http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
                Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
                Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

HiYa cal,
                  Thank You for your military duty, and welcome to the AMCA. Good luck with your 1961 Police Servi-car.
                  *M.A.D.*

Comment

Nice ride you have there

Comment

Working...
                    X