• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted indian chief 1936 frame, will take additional parts

Lucian lhoodarchitect@gmail.com
    310-473-9083

Last edited by Lucian; 06-07-2018, 02:25 PM. Reason: add tel

Good luck I looked for quite a long time & settled for a 35, but 36-39 is the better, stronger frame.

Comment

Yes indeed, the fellows I use to get parts from, went on to happy hunting grounds and everything '36 dried up … thanks for the good luck wish … L

Comment

Wanted indian chief 1936 frame, will take additional parts - better deal?

Well be warned a scammer replied to my want ad and wanted $5,500.00 for a $55,000.00 orig Indian Chief, he will sell to me or part out ... so when time for bank route number he says wife needs $1,500.00 instead of $1,000.00 to hold bike ... his name is John Fishborne email fishborne78@gmail.com ... nice pic's ... L
        Attached Files

Comment

These scammers never cease to amaze me. I wonder what AMCA memebers bike is being pimped in this fashion?
          AMCA # 3233

Comment

"'36 frame" Dad original owner, where the rest of bike is? he was left a '36 frame by his dad and where the paper work is he does not know, total rust case but all there, he was going to throw it away and a friend called and gave him my tel … the frame numbers have been rubbed off … he was going to call me next day and no call 3 days … his tel is 775 294 5008

Comment

Did you ever find the '36 Frame you were looking for? I stumbled across a YouTube video and some one posted they had one to sell, check it out: Look in the posted messages for this video to find the guys ph# it's five years old but who knows...just a lead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9_bqkEbv7M
              AMCA # 3233

Comment

Thank you Green Indian, I followed up with JD and he has sold frame several years ago, My game plan 2019 is to rebuild engine I have and put it in my '36 … I will use same carb Link... m344 and put my princess engine aside for another day, I will use my scraper, 47 oil pump & distributor, trans, etc L

Comment

Will John Bivens be doing the motor work again?
                  AMCA # 3233

Comment

Yes, we already chat about it and I am due to take the Engine #2 to him after 11-15-18, a fellow that has 2 '36 frames (Oregon) did not want to sell but would like one of the Engines, for now I think I should keep both … I have very nice carb body DLX for engine #1 _ future …. L

Comment

trying to steal my moto ... moved to hidden place

Here is pic trying to steal my moto... 1st see if key fits.JPG2nd put on ski mask and pick lock.JPG3rd go get saw come back another time.JPG
                      1st try to see if their key works, 2nd put on ski mask and pick lock, 3rd give up bug out go get saw moto moved to hidden place … L

Comment

Whoa! I wonder if the guy was thinking he'd ride it out of there? Looks like an Indian with leaf spring fork, he never would have figured out A) how to start it, B) how to shift it, C) why when he twisted the RH grip nothing happened! The fact that you have to worry about stuff like that really sucks.
                        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Yes a pain- moved bike to hidden location, happy- to still have it Lucian

Comment

Glad it’s safe. I hope you can catch the perp.
                            AMCA # 3233

Comment

In the first security photo, it appears there TWO people standing near the bike. One is slightly obscured, standing behind the concrete pole. An underground parking garage, even with a locked entry gate doesn't seem all that secure... with 20-30 people also parking their vehicles in and around the structure. ANY vehicle is vulnerable, not only motorcycles. Absolutely NOT a safe environment... especially in L.A.
                              There is no easy answer in the big city (or anywhere else, for that matter). Sometimes, having an antique motorcycle has its advantages... nobody knows how to ride them, and nobody know where to fence them... ask Rotten Richard. I was told he paid a hefty ransom to get his bikes back.
                              what a world we live in... no such thing as a safe space.

Comment

Working...
                              X