AMCA magazine index

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA magazine index

I can't remember how or where I got this Index by Joseph Stephan and am not sure if I should attach it here or not.
    It goes from the very first issue to the end of 2001
    Is this gentleman still around and if so could someone put me in contact with him so I can get the ok to share it with everybody.
    I use it a lot and it is an excellent resource.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
    I can't remember how or where I got this Index by Joseph Stephan and am not sure if I should attach it here or not.
    It goes from the very first issue to the end of 2001
    Is this gentleman still around and if so could someone put me in contact with him so I can get the ok to share it with everybody.
    I use it a lot and it is an excellent resource.
    Back when Pete Gagan was AMCA President, the Club had all the quarterly magazines scanned onto a computer disc along with an index to the collection. These discs were available to AMCA members for a price of ?????$ but I gather that few were sold. Perhaps the index is from that collection.
    AFJ

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
      Back when Pete Gagan was AMCA President, the Club had all the quarterly magazines scanned onto a computer disc along with an index to the collection. These discs were available to AMCA members for a price of ?????$ but I gather that few were sold. Perhaps the index is from that collection.
      AFJ
      Doug Strange would know.

Comment

but I gather that few were sold.

Are you insinuating that AMCA members are cheap!
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
          but I gather that few were sold.

Are you insinuating that AMCA members are cheap!
          I gathered from what Pete Gagan told me some years ago that it was not something that was of much interest to most members. I don’t recall what the price was but I know that I didn’t buy one,since I had the magazines from ‘61 - 65 and ‘76 onward already.
          AFJ

Comment

I tried to post it up here but the site won't accept it.
            File is to big apparently.
            Someone with more computer knowledge than me may be able to assist me.
            Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
            A.M.C.A. # 2777
            Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

I hope that info can be posted on here as I would love to have access to it , many other people too I think. Let's hope for a positive result.

Comment

After scrolling down a little further , I see a related thread in the "Chief" category that says previous issues going way back are already digitized (whatever that means). Hopefully it means that earlier issues will be available to us through the virtual library or some other means. My search for knowledge on these old machines is insatiable! Please keep us informed concerning this. Thanks!

Comment

Bill Wood was good enough to send me a subject index to the magazine for volume one (1960) to volume 40 (2001), and it was compiled by Joseph Stephan. It's an index only, not the articles themselves. It's a big PDF file so I put it up on Google Drive so anyone can download it with this link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S5s...ew?usp=sharing
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I have the CD set which covers from 1954 to 2005, 7 discs including index, great for reference.
                    Louie
                    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
                    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
                    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

Thanks Harry!!
                      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                      X