Indian Ignition Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian Ignition Parts

Lost my list of parts sold by NAPA, can someone post it for me and others? Thanks.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Louie, follow this link:
    http://www.wildriders.org/indianparts.htm

I think I recall seeing this information on one of the local AMCA sites from the Pacific Northwest, but I can't find it anymore. This list may be the same list so I just selected "print" from my browser and saved it as a PDF so I don't have to search again!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Louis and Harry,
      Thanks for the request (Louis) and the information (Harry). I'll make a NAPA run tomorrow and report back on the results!

Steve Slaminko

Comment

I seem to remember that the contact area on the chief rotor was a little different on the NAPA one than the original, look it over well.
        Louie
        FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
        Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
        YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

OK thanks Louis,
          I went to my local NAPA store today. All of the parts are available but the prices are only slightly lower than Greer's catalog price. I may order a tune up set just to check all the parts out.

Comment

I'd rather support Greer's, than NAPA. I think it is important to give your money to motorcycle people, and keep them healthy for the future. I'm not trying to sound sanctimonious, but I have seen many small motorcycle suppliers, and cottage industry parts makers throw in the towel over these many years. Again, I'm not trying to be judgmental because I love to save a buck as well
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
              I'd rather support Greer's, than NAPA. I think it is important to give your money to motorcycle people, and keep them healthy for the future. I'm not trying to sound sanctimonious, but I have seen many small motorcycle suppliers, and cottage industry parts makers throw in the towel over these many years. Again, I'm not trying to be judgmental because I love to save a buck as well
              I agree! And the customer support and quality of the parts from Geers is second to none. My first order consisted of over 30 parts, and I was amazed that every part was correct and in the order, and this has been the case with every order since.
              NAPA is my favorite auto parts store. Believe it or not, they acually have people that can find a part without punching in the year and make of the car into the computer!

Comment

Thanks Harry for the link.
                AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by len dowe View Post
                  Thanks Harry for the link.
                  I'm just happy I found it again, Len (and copied it to my computer this time!) Credit goes to the guy that put it together!

And I agree that supporting the motorcycle vendors is important! An $11.00 set of points from Greer's probably nets them $3.30 so they have to sell a lot of them to stay in business, and I want them around!

The value of a NAPA list in my eyes is for when you need something quick to get you home. A few years ago I was about 90 miles from home and the carbon button in my distributor cap decided to disintegrate. I took the old cap to an independent parts store, the type with dust everywhere, and the guy took the cap and rummaged around for a while without saying a word, then returned with a dusty cap that was a perfect match! Got me home where I ordered a new one from Greer's so that I could carry a spare!
                  Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I like NAPA too, and I prefer them to Auto Zone, and the like. NAPA is one of the few sources for 7/8" spark plugs for J model Harleys. The spark plug is an Autolite #3076; in case anyone needs some.
                    Eric Smith
                    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by LouieMCman View Post
                      I seem to remember that the contact area on the chief rotor was a little different on the NAPA one than the original, look it over well.
                      I found same thing. The contact electrode is narrow with a flat face and squared off on one I got from NAPA. Not sure what Greers sells but I get my caps and rotors from Starklite and they seem to be very good quality. You can see the electrode on the Starklite rotor has a nice long radius. Not sure how this might affect the ignition if at all but bigger seems like better here.
                      Always good to have spare rotor. Catching the center spring electrode when removing distributor cap and plinking it off is easy to do if you aren't very careful.
                      Attached Files
                      Jason Zerbini
                      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X