X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My August 1916 is a Clymer reprint,
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

I got one of the Clymer reprints on eBay a couple of years ago.
      Mark
      Mark Masa
      www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Haynes View Post
        My August 1916 is a Clymer reprint,
        Chris, thanks for the info.
        Last edited by Charlie's grandson; 05-25-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MMasa View Post
          I got one of the Clymer reprints on eBay a couple of years ago.
          Mark
          Was it August 1916, or some other date? I'm wondering which issues have been reprinted.

Comment

It would be good if everyone could contribute what they know at least about the dates of pre-1920 issues of The Harley-Davidson Enthusiast. There apparently were nineteen different issues total from 1916 to 1920. Yet only one date of issue turns up online, and that is August 1916, (which may be #1.) What are the other eighteen pre-1920 dates? If we pooled our knowledge, at least we could begin to know what existed.

If you can report any dates of pre-1920 issues of The Harley-Davidson Enthusiast, please try also to see if there is an issue number to go with it and report that as well. It may be that some issues do not give an issue number, and it would be good to report that as well. By 1920, they do show issue numbers.

Comment

Hello to all. Runnlo here.
              I have two " numbered issues" #6 and #7. I've had em for several years. When I got them I called Tom Bolfert who was head on H-D archives at the time. He told me the same thing you guys are saying about, that until 1920 they just came out "whenever". He told me that one was 1916 and the other was 1917, and then he tried to buy them for $500 each, but I just old him no thank you, I'm just gonna keep em. They are in really good shape except for the 16 has the front page corner torn off.
              I just wanted to tell Charlie's grandson that I read through them, and didn't find anything about his grandfather.
              All the best,Runnlo P.S. Can anybody give me a clue as to what they are valued at? As I said they are in very good shape except the corner on the 16. and by the way the 6 and 7 have nothing to do with them being 16 and 17, It's just they're issue #

Comment

June 1918 is number 12, and it also says volume 1.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Rubone; 05-31-2019, 11:16 AM.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I also discovered I have a reprint of issue #1 , undated. Can't remember where or when I got it.
                  Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Below please find a link to a Clymer reprint of the August 1916 issue that is listed on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/harley_mike2003
                    Fletcher Clark Johnston
                    AMCA #282

Comment

Working...
                    X