1966 FL identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1966 FL identification

Hi everybody. I recently purchased a 1966 Harley Davidson FL. I read that there were 2175 FL models built in 1966 and all were service bikes, police etc. There was an FLB (hand shifted 4 speed) and the FLFB (foot shifted 4 speed) Can anyone tell how to determine which model I have and where I could get any restoration information. Thanks Pete:::::::;;;;;;;;

Is it foot shift or hand shift?????????????????????????????????????????

Comment

I have various pieces of dealer literature for '66 showing all options available on a new machine including some police info. I can post pics of specs.
      Robbie

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
        I have various pieces of dealer literature for '66 showing all options available on a new machine including some police info. I can post pics of specs.
        Robbie

Thank you. It now has a foot shift but may have been changed over the years. I wondered if the sequence # in the VIN would determine the model but I believe it is only the bike # on the assembly line. I have a call in to HD they helped me out with my 82 FXRS maybe they can help with this one.

Comment

All FL models except the FLH were only stamped FL. The B or FB suffix was not on the engine.
          Be sure to visit;
          http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
          Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
          Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

If you give your serial number to customer service at the factory, they will provide the build date, and some other info.
            VPH-D

Comment

Hi Robbie,
              I certainly would be interested in the information contained in your dealer literature.
              If you want you can send photo's, scans to my email, or post here on the forum.
              wazza.w@bigpond.net.au

Cheers, Warren.
              66 FLHFB

Comment

Working...
              X