Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Witham View Post
    Hey =govmule84;1833626,

Sorry still getting used to the site ...which tools are you refering to??
    Bobby
    All of the tools pictured and discussed in this thread you posted on, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by govmule84 View Post
      All of the tools pictured and discussed in this thread you posted on, sir.
      Hey, sorry fo being lame I finally found these beauties...they are available at Home Depot haha..well if you get a torch also!

Comment

Snap-On used to make a small enough box-end with a 3/8" square on the opposite end that would fit on a torque wrench for tightening head and base bolts. here's a pic of the 2 of them. I had to belt-sand some stock off the end of the 5/8" one to tighten the base bots on a '38 13 fin cylinder. Other than that, and the fact that on some of the head bolts you have to 'flip' the torque wrench and turn counter-clockwise, these have worked well for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post
          Snap-On used to make a small enough box-end with a 3/8" square on the opposite end that would fit on a torque wrench for tightening head and base bolts. here's a pic of the 2 of them. I had to belt-sand some stock off the end of the 5/8" one to tighten the base bots on a '38 13 fin cylinder. Other than that, and the fact that on some of the head bolts you have to 'flip' the torque wrench and turn counter-clockwise, these have worked well for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25660[/ATTACH]
          You can buy these as a set of about 8 wrenches of different sizes.
          These can also be used with a short length of hex key to torque socket head bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
            You can buy these as a set of about 8 wrenches of different sizes.
            These can also be used with a short length of hex key to torque socket head bolts.
            Omarttentmaker,
            Thanks..having spent many hours wishing & drooling in SnapOn trucks when the stuff was made in the USA I seem to remember seeing these.
            The pics will help locate them somewhere.

Comment

Working...
            X