Forum research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum research

Can someone instruct me how to look up a subject to see if it has been discussed previously. I have never had anything pop up correctly when I have used the blank space labeled "Advanced Search".
    Example, I typed in Indian head gaskets looking for info on what's best and what to stay away from. I got a lot on stuff pop up but nothing I saw pertaining to head gaskets for Indians.
    The other day I searched for information concerning placing oil seals on Knuckleheads - no info popped up from previous post (and nothing from my current post either).
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Sam

The search feature is a little weak on this site. Try to use as few works as possible, search within a specific topic, and use the advanced search and search by title. Using Google To search has also directed me to posts on this site that didn’t appear when I searched this site.

I’ve spent hours, too many, reading old posts on this site and from what I’ve read the solid copper gaskets are the best choice, and I have those on my 47 Chief but it’s still a work in progress.

Comment

Nice info....!!!
      Thanks for telling us.

Comment

I've never had any luck using "Advanced search", just googling the key words outside of this forum & watch for links leading back here works better.
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Use the best search engine in the world: Google. Go to google, type this in:

site:www.antiquemotorcycle.org followed by whatever you want to look for

For example
          "site:www.antiquemotorcycle.org flathead head bolts" yields this. (Click image to expand.)

Capture.JPG
          Last edited by govmule84; 04-11-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by samsmc1 View Post
            Can someone instruct me how to look up a subject to see if it has been discussed previously. I have never had anything pop up correctly when I have used the blank space labeled "Advanced Search".
            Example, I typed in Indian head gaskets looking for info on what's best and what to stay away from. I got a lot on stuff pop up but nothing I saw pertaining to head gaskets for Indians.
            The other day I searched for information concerning placing oil seals on Knuckleheads - no info popped up from previous post (and nothing from my current post either).
            What am I doing wrong?
            Thanks
            Sam
            Sam

FYI - As a result of your question here about the search function it became obvious we don't have any helpful info and tips for how to use some of the functions in the AMCA Forum. Let me apologize for this gap and thank you for bringing this to our attention. The Moderation Team is currently putting together a number of different information threads to help with searches and other functions that can help make use of the AMCA Forum more convenient and user friendly. It appears the best home for this info is the starting point for new members - the Welcome and Announcement Forum. Watch for this enhancement soon.

The Moderation Team

Comment

Working...
            X