No announcement yet.

Motorcycle Hill Climb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mike, where was the dealership located? I live in mccordsville.
    what company is hauling the 20yd open top?

Comment

Shoot, I'd be doing a swan dive into that dumpster ! not long ago a clean out dude came to the shop and ask if I was interested in some old photo's, turned out to be 2 full albums of pre war flat track photos , I gave him more than he was asking, not really worth a whole lot but priceless history to me..
      Last edited by TIM 435; 03-22-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

A friend got a complete KJ Henderson in parts with an extra engine in pieces from a dumpster at a house that was being cleaned out. Another dumpster had already been filled and taken away before he got there.
        Tom

Comment

ok so I did it. And no I didn't get hurt or arrested. I didn't find much though. Found what looked like the skeleton of a raccoon! They said the first load had some good stuff.

Comment

Hey... at least you tried!! The racoon skeleton may be cool... eh... nevermind. HAHA!!
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Yes, you would have regretted not giving it a try!
              Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                Hey... at least you tried!! The racoon skeleton may be cool... eh... nevermind. HAHA!!
                Of course, Jim!

Skulls are cool.

But the only time I appreciated them on a motorcycle was in the mid-Seventies when a buddy's chop had the horn-mount area of the wishbone molded in with the fore part of a dog's skull and the teeth quite artfully exposed.

Had to be there.

....Cotten
                Attached Files
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike85 View Post
                  I just found in the parking lot an unused ticket to a Motorcycle Hill Climb event at Mann Hill Sunday, June 3, 1951. It's in great condition so surely it could not have been blowing around for 67 years!
                  Does anyone know anything about this event?[ATTACH=CONFIG]21841[/ATTACH]
                  I think I met some old man several years ago who used to race this kind of event. I think he had a 1929 45 that he raced. Anyone know him? Lived near Indianapolis.

Mike
                  Maybe the guy upstairs is telling you.....Build it and they will come......

Comment

Perhaps it is a sign

Comment

Hi Cotton, did it look any thing like this oneP8180162.jpg seen at Woodward last August
                      Last edited by FNG1; 02-12-2019, 06:06 PM. Reason: Add Text

Comment

Originally posted by FNG1 View Post
                        Hi Cotton, did it look any thing like this one[ATTACH=CONFIG]23890[/ATTACH] seen at Woodward last August
                        It didn't have that much 'character', FNG1!

I'd prefer to ride that one these days...

And Mike85!

Two years or more after I found a pair of 1966 Peoria TT tickets in a dumpster, I found '67, '70, and '71 tickets in the same dumpster.

....Cotten
                        Attached Files
                        AMCA #776
                        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                        X