Hi Fi Purple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Fi Purple?

Hi, does anyone have photos of a Hi Fi Purple repaint that they have on their bike? I am getting ready to paint my bike and want to paint it Hi Fi Purple, but I only want to buy paint that I can see a finished example of. Hoping someone can help!
    -Jerry, AMCA# 4076

Jerry
    Check out our chapter web site highlandchaptersamca.com and go to the gallery page and you will see pics of one of our guys (Gen George Ogden) hi-fi purple 63 FLH. That was what it was originally and when he was rebuilding it from the rattle can blue paint job it we discovered under the tail light housing. I told him he should paint it back the original color and after some others telling him too he finally did. Looks good!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
    AMCA #12766

Comment

Hi Jerry, found this: OP Hi-Fi Purple 1963 FL & 1963 XLH. Hope it helps.
      IMG_8159.294185727_std.JPG
      IMG_8151.294185231_std.JPG
      rhv88m.jpg
      *M.A.D.*
      Last edited by JoJo357; 02-26-2018, 01:23 AM. Reason: additional pictures.

Comment

Hello Jerry, might be able to track these codes down, since Dupont is still in business. Good Luck. Records from the Harley Davidson Motor Company indicate that Hi-Fi Purple was used from 1963-66 Model years.
        The paint was a Baking Enamel Alkyd *(Dupont Paint Code) Y797-77894 ...Applied over an undercoat of "Ready Mix Aluminum" *(Dupont Paint Code)166-65084
        *M.A.D.*
        Last edited by JoJo357; 02-26-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportster Jerry View Post
          Hi, does anyone have photos of a Hi Fi Purple repaint that they have on their bike? I am getting ready to paint my bike and want to paint it Hi Fi Purple, but I only want to buy paint that I can see a finished example of. Hoping someone can help!
          -Jerry, AMCA# 4076
          Here's the 62 I did I'm sure you have pictures of this though.

Indoors

You know the guy who painted it, I'm sure you could go either direction on the shading if it's not too your liking. Have him do some spray samples.
          1959 XLCH

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
            Hi Jerry, found this: OP Hi-Fi Purple 1963 FL & 1963 XLH. Hope it helps.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21694[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21695[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]21696[/ATTACH]
            *M.A.D.*
            Thanks for the photos! I am really hoping to find someone who has painted a bike in Hi Fi Purple and had it come out well so I can use the same paint. It is just so hard to match up a color from photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportster Jerry View Post
              Thanks for the photos! I am really hoping to find someone who has painted a bike in Hi Fi Purple and had it come out well so I can use the same paint. It is just so hard to match up a color from photos.
              Hey Jerry, you've missed my post with the Original Factory Dupont Paint Code Letter/Numbers from H.D. per 1963-66 Hi-Fi Purple.
              *M.A.D.*

Comment

Working...
              X