69-70 Bronson style mufflers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 59xlh View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]26262[/ATTACH] Couple of small dents no back side not visible.
    I wish I knew which dents are O.E.M. and which were 'owner applied'. Do you still have the mufflers and bracket? If so, how much would you be asking?
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Comment

Bill, The round hole on the top might be owner applied. The others on the bottom are all factory clearance. The road rash is noticeable but not really deep. Asking $275.00 shipped to the island. I am doing the swap meet January 12 At Motorcyclepedia. Thank you, Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Pedalino View Post
        Cotten,
        You're correct about the brazing causing brittleness in sheet metal. How does the silver-colder react to chrome plating?
        Every one is different, Bill!

There's more different silver-solders than I can begin to decipher, especially the ones in my quiver.
        For an un-trained artisan like me, its ALL trial and error.
        Starting with the highest Ag and lowest temp often works right off the bat.

A 'flash' of nickel plating, or especially modern electroless, is almost like a flux, and can get you in trouble when it spreads.
        Chrome, however, is applied over the nickel, and often a layer of copper beneath it.

So yes, chrome might peel, and certainly 'blue'; Polishing it down to the nickel makes it closer match the silver-solder.

I wrapped a muffler with stainless once.

....Cotten
        Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-30-2019, 05:12 PM.
        AMCA #776
        Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
        X