1968 XLH Indicator/Warning Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 XLH Indicator/Warning Lights

I am looking for Indicator Lamp parts for a 68 "H". Sportster Parts Catalog, 61 and later, page 102-3, items 20 through 24. These are for turn and warning lights and all pieces that hold them to the headlight nacelle.

Don't want to convert to the "CH" style headlight bonnet and warning lights but the scooter has been on the work table way to long while trying to find the parts needed and it would be a hoot to ride once in awhile. Thanks Tom

Hello Members. I am still looking for the indicator lights parts for my 68 "H", anyone?

Comment

Hi TomL, my best suggestions are to keep an eye on eBay as pieces come up from time to time and I’ve been lucky. Prices vary but it is possible to get value. Also jwboon has some of the components. Good luck. Rick

Comment

All those pieces are generic to several models. They are all over swap meets, Ebay, and your buddy's junk pile. They could be attached to a BT nacelle, don't overlook all options. And they are not H-D specific!
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Robbie, I think we’re talking about the XLH dash lights and housing which are specific to 67-69 XLH. They don’t interchange with anything else. I may be mistaken on this...
          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by TomL View Post
            I am looking for Indicator Lamp parts for a 68 "H". Sportster Parts Catalog, 61 and later, page 102-3, items 20 through 24. These are for turn and warning lights and all pieces that hold them to the headlight nacelle.

Don't want to convert to the "CH" style headlight bonnet and warning lights but the scooter has been on the work table way to long while trying to find the parts needed and it would be a hoot to ride once in awhile. Thanks Tom
            I found one on e-bay, ebay item number 273661259013 Harley Davidson sportster triple trees ironhead nacelle buy it now or make offer of $150.00 out of Florida.

Comment

That looks like a good buy with all that's included, terminal board, mountings and light panel and triple tree top and bottom.

Comment

Take a look guys, the parts I have been searching for fit the rectangular hole in this. If they were generic I'd have been done with this search years ago. I have all the parts that are in the eBay listing provided here. ThanksIMG_1630.jpg

Comment

1968 XLH Indicator/Warning Lights

Just saw one on the Instagram site ChopperSwapper and contacted the guy but he had sold it already. There are a number of parts sellers on Instagram and if interested I would give you the links. I am also on a large Ironhead Sportster group on Facebook that has good contacts for parts. Also the AMCA Facebook page has over 25,000 members and there's a good chance that an appeal on the facebook page may hook you up with someone that has the parts you need in their parts hoard. I see you have posted here twice now, you could also try the free classified in the club mag The Antique Motorcycle. Let me know if you want more specifics on any of these groups.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                    Just saw one on the Instagram site ChopperSwapper and contacted the guy but he had sold it already. There are a number of parts sellers on Instagram and if interested I would give you the links. I am also on a large Ironhead Sportster group on Facebook that has good contacts for parts. Also the AMCA Facebook page has over 25,000 members and there's a good chance that an appeal on the facebook page may hook you up with someone that has the parts you need in their parts hoard. I see you have posted here twice now, you could also try the free classified in the club mag The Antique Motorcycle. Let me know if you want more specifics on any of these groups.

Mike Love
                    If you would share any links to web sites sellers in addition to eBay that would be extremely beneficial to all of us. You may also want to check out HarleyKModel.com. May of us feel, including some of the AMCA leadership that this is the best site for any group of specific model enthusiasts. DaveC

Comment

Mike Love, thanks very much for the reply regarding my search. I do not use the two mentioned social sites but will try posting in the free classified in the club magazine. Plus I think I need to set aside the time to attend Wauseon this summer and again will be looking at the up coming meet in NSB during Bike Week. Thanks.

dlxl66, also thank you for the tip on the named website regarding the K Models. TomL

Comment

If you attend Wauseon and don't actually find the part I'll bet you can find an XL vender that has it in their part hoard.

I have to say that my go to is Old Dude Vintage Parts in Georgia. Here is their contact info.

Phone/Fax 770-921-3825
                        Toll free orderline 1-877-OLD-DUDE
                        1-877-653-3833
                        olddude@mindspring.com

The link below is to their inquiry page. I just give them a list of all parts, parts catalog description and the part number and they let you know if they have it and the price. You could spell to that you want a used part, NOS or maybe last reproduction. They are very helpful.

https://www.olddude.com/request.htm

Mike Love

Comment

Thanks again Mike. I know about "Old Dude" and I did send an email to them with the parts book picture/page of what I needed. That was after last years show at NSB and they did not have the parts at that time. Cant hurt to ask them again though. TomL

Comment

Well the decision to wire and configure the 67 "H" to "CH" has been made. I need this bike running and after talking with a man who just sold all the pieces and parts I needed yesterday it didn't take a lot of head scratching go with the XLCH configuration. Thanks for the comments and tips on the search. Later. TomL

Comment

I do have 2 of the pieces you are looking for one is nice ad the other a little nicer.I also have the just the plastic inserts that i think are oem-nos.If you are interested i will look for them and ship you some pictures.My name is AL call me 570-640-9436.

Comment

Working...
                              X