X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double engined Indian twin.

3-9-1912. Indian
    Attached Files

I guess it took ACE to show Indian how to make a 4 Great picture PEM.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, I really enjoy looking through those old motorcycle magazines from the pre 1914 era. Here are a couple more.
      Attached Files

Comment

I know what you mean. I have quite a few 1910-1922 motorcycle trade magazines and once I start looking at them, I can't stop. Of course, most of the magazines are devoted to promoting the industry, and kissing the butts of factory big shots, but in between there are great pictures, and valuable gems of information. Leafing through the pages of those magazines, is just like stepping back in time. Thanks again, PEM.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Eric, if I can ask a favor, could you look in your archive and see if you have a copy of "The Bicycling World and Motorcycle Review"
          from May 11, 1912, page 28. Herb Wagner told me there is a very interesting article about Perry Mack on that page. I know the chances
          you might have it are slim but I'll never know if I don't ask.

Thanks
          Dick

Comment

If anybody else can help me locate the above magazine and get me a copy of the article I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Dick

Comment

I sure wish I could help you, Dick. When you think that these magazine are 100 plus years old, and still readable is nothing short of amazing. I had a friend that was a 3rd generation printer, and he made the comment that those magazines hold up because they used acid free paper, and mineral based ink. Not because they were conservators, but because that is what they had, and they also had integrity, and a sense of quality. The sad thing is, 99% of those trade magazine from the pioneer age of motorcycling were thrown away many, many years ago, so it's a sad fact that there are some issues that will never be seen again. That is so hard to believe in an age of mass produced reading material. History only seems to be relevant to future generations. The people making history could care less
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
              X