Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of an item

Hi to all,
    I would like to find out the value of an item I have that is year specific to a Pan Head.
    Are we allowed to do this on this forum?
    If so, is this where it should be or should it be in the Pan Head section?
    Thank you in advance,
    Rod
    AMCA #25781

This is as good a place as any. What do you have?
    Mark
    Mark Masa
    www.linkcycles.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply Mark.
      What I have is pretty nice set of fringed Speed King saddle bags and mounting plates. I have had them since about 1968. I would like to post some pictures of them
      and get some input as to the value. This will probably take awhile as I don't know what I'm doing concerning the pics.
      Thanks again.
      Rod

Comment

Speed King Bags

Try some pics.DSCN1394.jpgDSCN1395.jpgDSCN1396.jpgDSCN1397.jpg

Comment

Well now, that was an experience. Tried instructions from two different people and it didn't work so stumbled my way through. will try some more.DSCN1598.JPGDSCN1605.JPGDSCN1596.JPGDSCN1597.JPGDSCN1399.jpg
          The three buckle pictures are to show the wear on the straps.
          Will try to post more pics tomorrow with some more info.
          Last edited by Old Ugly 40; 10-31-2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Look pretty nice for a old or original paint bike!

Comment

Hello Rod - Looks like you have gotten the hang of photo posting. As far as your question " Are we allowed to do this on this forum? "If so, is this where it should be or should it be in the Pan Head section?" The answer is yes, especially something like the bags since they could just be considered as accessory. Ultimately we want you to get some feedback on your interest in value. We would want to at some point to get it to a more specific forum so people can see the bags at a later time for their historic value or comparison. We can move the whole thread. I would appreciate any feedback from AMCA Forum members as to when and where is the best forum for a post like this. It could attract more interest if we rename the thread to be more specific to the item so people that scan for things of interest may want to click on your thread. Also if you or anyone else have questions about navigated or putting the Forum features to good use let me know and if I don't know it I will find out and let you know.

Mike Love
              AMCA Forum

Comment

I would like to find out the value of an item I have that is year specific to a Pan Head.
                Original saddlebags have sold in the $650 range recently on ebay.
                Your saddlebags are very nice and could go higher.

Comment

Originally posted by ihrescue View Post
                  Hello Rod - Looks like you have gotten the hang of photo posting. As far as your question " Are we allowed to do this on this forum? "If so, is this where it should be or should it be in the Pan Head section?" The answer is yes, especially something like the bags since they could just be considered as accessory. Ultimately we want you to get some feedback on your interest in value. We would want to at some point to get it to a more specific forum so people can see the bags at a later time for their historic value or comparison. We can move the whole thread. I would appreciate any feedback from AMCA Forum members as to when and where is the best forum for a post like this. It could attract more interest if we rename the thread to be more specific to the item so people that scan for things of interest may want to click on your thread. Also if you or anyone else have questions about navigated or putting the Forum features to good use let me know and if I don't know it I will find out and let you know.

Mike Love
                  AMCA Forum
                  Hi Mike,
                  Thank you for your interest and input. It is very much appreciated. If you think this thread should be moved now or in the future I would be very happy with that. In the back of my mind I keep thinking that I should have started it in the Pan Head section. A better title would probably be good too. I really thought I would get a better response but I can see my mistakes.
                  In the first group of pics I can enlarge them by clicking on them but this does not work in the next group. Why?
                  Thanks again Mike. Do whatever you think best.
                  Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Minerva View Post
                    Look pretty nice for a old or original paint bike!
                    Thanks For the reply Dave.
                    Rod

Comment

Originally posted by 1950Panhead View Post
                      Original saddlebags have sold in the $650 range recently on ebay.
                      Your saddlebags are very nice and could go higher.
                      And thank you for your input, much appreciated
                      Rod.

Comment

Will try some more pictures.DSCN1599.JPGDSCN1601.JPGDSCN1609.JPG
                        Some of the chrome attachments have a few scratches and scuffs.

Comment

DSCN1602.JPGDSCN1604.JPGDSCN1603.JPGDSCN1608.JPG
                          Pic #1 - Fringes have yellowed some.
                          Pic #2 - This is the only place there are any fringes missing.
                          Pic #3 - These expanders were put in many years ago, probably why the bags have held there shape so well.
                          Pic #4 - Shows a bit of wear in hinge area, no tears.
                          Last edited by Old Ugly 40; 11-01-2017, 12:03 AM.

Comment

I can't chime in on value but if you are looking to sell them I think I might know someone that would be interested if you are.

Comment

Pm sent concerning bags

Comment

Working...
                              X