help ID this bike....thx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help ID this bike....thx

pic 1.jpgpic 2.jpgCan you tell what this is, and can you tell if this is the same bike in the 2 pix? Any help appreciated. Dan
    Dan Margolien
    Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
    Www.yankeechapter.org
    Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Dan, at first I thought they were different bikes, but now I think it's the same motorcycle in both pictures. As for year, my guess is 1922, or '23 as the bike looks dark, and '22 was the first year for Brewster Green. Impossible to say if it's a 61", or 74". Do you have any more information on the motorcycle, people, or location?
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

definitely harley davidson. post 1920, pre 1926. model j or jd.

Comment

Harley-Davidson introduced new forks with additional exposed springs in '23 which this bike has; but I am going to change my opinion and say this bike is a 1924 because the fork got wider in '24 and the fender did not need the recesses like earlier fenders. . . . However, if you look at the second picture, the fender does look recessed. . . Or is that a shadow? . . . Okay, I'm saying 1924
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

BOTH bikes have a Bulb type squeeze horn on the right side of the handlebars. You can just barely make out the 'trumpet' in the first picture and is clearly seen in the second picture. That wasn't a HD option back in the day was it?
          Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Thanks for the input gents!! I'm not sure they are the same bike. It seems to me the horns are tipped differently. The second pic it seems "down", and it does look like fender recess in pic 2 vs 1. So maybe pic 1 is 24, pic 2 is 23.
            Dan Margolien
            Yankee Chapter National Meet July 31/August 1 2020 at the TERRYVILLE Fairgounds, Terryville CT.
            Www.yankeechapter.org
            Pocketvalve@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
            X