1969 bmw value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 bmw value?

Hi, I'm a Harley guy but can't pass up a deal on this 69 bmw. I don't have pics or know any details about it. It's a barn find. I'm curious what the value is to one of these and or a market for them? Any help be good thanks. May post a pic once I pick it up.

Value is dependent on many factors. Condition, model (there are several), title or not, accessories, etc. No pics, no guesses....
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I know of all those variables of course. I guess I was wondering worst case they are $100 or a $1000? I'll get it picked up and pics for a better idea thanks

Comment

if it is a model R50, R60 or R69s (one of which it should be in 1969) you should always be fine paying a 1000 - that is the equivalent of a good gastank and a good set of cylinder heads for example, so there is room for the rest.

Comment

Ok so I was able to get the BMW picked up. He thinks it is a 1962. Barn find saved from the scrap yard literally. There is a fairing on the front making it impossible to read that ID but I have the engine case #. How do I read it to find out what exact bike I have here? How do I add pics?

Comment

I saw on net it appears to be an R50/2?

Comment

I've got a few old BMW Airheads, wouldn't ride anything else . The BMW's are a bit complicated on what's a good deal, what's worth the investment, and exactly what are you going to do with it. IE: a /2 is a fine bike for the garage and old bike shows, but the R100/7 is as road worthy as they ever were, and in fact I travel on one to this day ( 1983 R100T). Caution: Airheads can be addicting - I used to ride a Harley too.

Comment

My '55 R69, used on several Road Runs as well as other foolishness.

And my '80 R100RS, waiting for the ferry from Bar Harbor ME to Yarmouth NS.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  My '55 R69, used on several Road Runs as well as other foolishness.

And my '80 R100RS, waiting for the ferry from Bar Harbor ME to Yarmouth NS.

Looking good

Comment

Working...
                  X