No announcement yet.

1955 FLH Oil Tank Decals and Front Fender Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep my eyes open at the swap meets coming up how much you willing to pay for tanks ?

Comment

Thanks Tom, I appreciate that. Regarding the price of the tanks, I don't want something for nothing. I hope my no hassle payment of the emblem let you know that I am reasonable and reliable. It is so difficult to name a price. I guess for really good condition like I want, and with a nice pair of Nameplates on them, the price is going to be near $1,000.
      Best bet is to send enough good photos to be able to see the condition of all the various areas that matter to me, and let me know the price. I will then be able to deal quickly again.
      Be Good, Rob.

Comment

ok just found a front front fender tip stainless for 1955 flh nice but one stud missing on back can send photos to your friend going to swap meet in morning and april 27 also in oley pa will look for parts for you
        let me know

Comment

Thanks Tom but I have a mint NOS front tip. Best to just stick with the parts on the list for now, especially a very good set of Gas Tanks.
          Have fun at the Swap Meets and happy hunting.
          Rob.

Comment

Ok maybe found some tanks going to guys shop to check them out this weekend let you know!

Comment

Thanks Tom, I will wait to hear from you. If you can email photos to me directly that would be best : - robsharleyd@yahoo.com
              It will be a bit more private as well, which I prefer. I don't really like the entire World Wide Web seeing what I'm doing. I am definitely not one of the Facebook generation!

The FLH emblem arrived this morning, thanks very much Tom. First thing to say is that I am very pleased with it. Second thing is that it is not NOS. It is a used emblem and has been re-plated at some point. The three mounting studs would be cadmium plated on a NOS emblem. They are plated same as the rest of the emblem on the one you found. But as I said, I am happy with it, they are very hard to find in any condition. I will continue trying to find a NOS example. Now wouldn't all of that have been better kept just between you and me in a private email?
              Take care Tom, and have fun at the Swap Meets. Rob.

Comment

have a 1955 flh right tank with emblem and screws guy is still looking for left tank just cant find it now can bring it to oley this weekend

Comment

Hi Tom. Did not take you long to find some 55/56 gas tanks. I am stuck in the UK, only came out of hospital yesterday. Best to wait until the left tank is found, and then please send to me some good photos of both tanks, and let me know the price.

I am sure that Michele and Ed will help us in any way they can, they are a wonderful couple. Have a great time at Oley. We can get going on the tanks when everyone has returned home and had a chance to have a good rest.
                  All the Best, Rob.

Comment

'55 / '56 tanks,

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Hi,
                      Are these the tanks to which Tom is referring or another pair?
                      Are they for sale? If they are, could you possibly add some good photos of the upper and lower mounts, as well as photos of any damage, repairs, or alterations, and also let me know the price. Thanks very much. Rob.

Comment

Forgot to say my email address is :-

robsharleyd@yahoo.com

It would be easiest to email any photos and to continue the conversation on my email account.
                        Thanks very much.

Comment

Still looking or tanks ???

Comment

Hello Tom. I hope you are well. Yes, still need to find some very good tanks. Can you please email some photos to me at :
                            robsharleyd@yahoo.com

Boy do I hate my email address. One of my sisters set it up for me about 5 years ago when I was in hospital for a few months. I was given a maximum of 3 weeks to live, but I found the whole idea of dying very boring so I stuck around.

A few days ago I did have someone offer me a set for a real bargain price, and he wanted to only be paid by Moneygram. So I did not proceed any further, I was very uncomfortable with it.

Comment

Can you send me there phone number again mine is 216 903 5658 so I can send pictures to them again have right tank working on finding the left tank

Comment

Hi Tom,
                                Hi Tom.
                                Thanks for trying to find the 55/56 foot shift gas tanks. Would you mind if we hold fire for the moment on troubling Michele and Ed with the photos of the right tank, and wait until both tanks are available. Even better if we could avoid disturbing them at all, and you could send the photos directly to me at robsharleyd@yahoo.com
                                They have been helping me out a great deal with various things recently, and I really would like to give them a break from sorting my stuff out. I would feel more comfortable if we wait to call on their help until it is time to send you some money, or for them to receive some parts.
                                My sincere thanks, Rob.

Comment

Working...
                                X