1969 BMW Roundel restoration...or NOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 BMW Roundel restoration...or NOS

Looking for somone to restore my 1969 Roundels, or somone willing to part with an NOS set.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

It seems that I have mislaid my original roundels for my 1964 R69S. Does anyone know where I can find replacements? They can be reproductions -- just as long as they look right.
    Please help!
    George Tinkham
    Springfield, IL
    www.virmc.com
    AMCA # 1494
    1941 Indian 841
    1948 Indian Chief
    1956 H-D KHK
    1960 CH
    1964 BMW R69S
    1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
    1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

You can still order the enamel roundels from BMW dealers, though they're not cheap. I use Max BMW or Bobs BMW, you can look up parts and order online through their website or call them up.

Comment

I have to ask... what is a Roundel? Is that the BMW LOGO on the gas tank?
        Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Yes that is correct.
          Jim D

Comment

Put two rubber bands on the side covers/battery covers along with some sort of safety wire on each. They tend to fall/blow off somewhere usually in the last 200 miles.

Tank is beautiful and yes it is worth Thousands. 1 to 2 Thousand plus at least, possibly.

If the bike was mine I’d...................
            But it’s not and I’m a wee bit green about it.

Charlie

Comment

I thought I had searched everywhere. When I could not find my original roundels, I bought a set from Vech at Bench Mark. This weekend, I was cleaning out a box of old parts that my mechanic returned after breathing life into my '64 R69S. There, in a ziploc baggie, were my roundels!
              This is why I am sorting through decades of accumulated parts and filing said parts into carefully marked milk crates. I am about half way through the process.
              I just had to share this blunder with others who might understand.
              George Tinkham
              Springfield, IL
              www.virmc.com
              AMCA # 1494
              1941 Indian 841
              1948 Indian Chief
              1956 H-D KHK
              1960 CH
              1964 BMW R69S
              1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
              1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

I found that's the best way to find stuff.... just go buy new, and then you find what you were looking for... Usually it's plumbing or electrical stuff for me!
                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                X