Water slide Decals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water slide Decals

How do you remove decals that have not been coated without damaging the paint? I put one on my toolbox several years ago and never coated it. It has got some chips in it and I want to replace it and coat this time like I should have to begin with.
    Bob Selph
    1933VC/1934LT Sidecar
    1940 Sport Scout
    AMCA#15215

High pressure car wash

Comment

Soak it with a wet rag for awhile. Should come off with your fingernail.
      20scout

Comment

it is very tricky clear coating over them, good luck

Comment

If you have clear coat underneath the decal ( which it sounds like you don't ) you can sand the decal off with 2000 grit wet or dry ( do it wet ) . This can also be done with regular plain paint , just cross your fingers you don't go thru . To go over the new decal you need a real fast drying clear . I just did some with "PPG Deltron DC 2000 " ( very expensive about $200 a quart with reducer & hardener ) . A few very light coats with drying over night & very light sanding ( 2000 grit ) in between . then follow up with as many heavier coats as you like . Like Tom said in the last reply" it is very tricky " !! Good luck

Comment

Get your hands on one of those rubber eraser wheels. They are made for removing pinstripe tape. It will buzz it right off.
            Dale

Comment

Working...
            X