Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMCA Facebook Page Problems

Hi folks:

I wanted to check and see if any forum members have had a problem getting approved on the AMCA Facebook page. If you have please send me a direct message letting me know your situation and I will see if I can get it straightened out. Facebook has limited means to efficiently consider memberships and we get a very large number of requests everyday so sometimes we miss the people we actually want on the page as we sift through the massive requests. Again please let me know if you have any problems or if you want to join I can add you directly.

Mike Love
    AMCA# 19097
    Last edited by ihrescue; 11-06-2016, 06:41 PM.

I did not have a problem joining but I had a problem staying with them. Twice I had posts removed 'because I exceeded the maximum allowable of 3 per 24 hour period'. Somehow I did not get it - there are websites all over facebook that would just love to have you post but yet the AMCA moderators limit you to 3. Another time one of the moderators posted all over facebook about how they had gotten 'screwed' by a business owner that I am friends with so I called him to find out what it was about and it turned out to be a bunch of bs and no apology was ever issued and then all references to the post magically disappeared. I had enough and withdrew.

Jerry Wieland #3641
    Last edited by Jerry Wieland; 11-06-2016, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Jerry - thanks for that feedback. Some of the problem with the posting guidelines related to a problem where on smartphones the posting guideline sticky message is truncated and the user can't see it. Many people use the phone as their primary entry to Facebook so this is a problem with many people never seeing the guidelines. Moderators now provide the posting guidelines as a post periodically so everyone can see it. As I am sure you can appreciate you have to have some guidelines and with over 25,000 members this is doubly important. There are some members that will post non-stop for over an hour if there is no limitation, this then doesn't allow other members to have their posts at the top of the timeline. Again, things get a little hectic with over 25,000 members and limitations get more conservative as a result.

Thanks

Mike Love
      AMCA #19097

Comment

Facebook how did we get along with out it. I love facebook, my wife is on it at dinner time and now I don't have to talk, I can just eat.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Knuck - good for you to find the silver lining.

Mike Love
          AMCA #109097

Comment

Working...
          X