New Antique Motorcycle Heritage Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Antique Motorcycle Heritage Forum

We have a new forum as a result of a suggestion by AMCA member Thomas Bund to begin to collect, document and make available the vast body of antique motorcycle material in an Antique Motorcycle Heritage. Thomas posted the idea in an October 2016 thread, writing -
    Bob Turek and I did a book on Excelsior. (www.American-x.org) Every time I was in Chicago I visited the Cortland Street to see the Excelsior factory. Today there is a school on that location. Would it not be an idea to put some information up there to tell the story what was there before, with reference to the AMCA? This is an idea to other locations as well. Over the world there are a lot of locations (for Tourists), which describe the history of the past. I think we have enough information to tell the story.

Well we don’t yet have a depository to collect the materials for this great idea but we have a first step. We now have a section in the AMCA Forum dedicated to the discussion of the many next steps. Just like when we start a project with an antique bike we may have an idea of what we want to do, or a list of all the obvious needs the bike has. As you advance some things become clear but there are always new problems to fix or questions to answer – these help us break the project down into manageable sub-projects. On our Antique Motorcycle Heritage forum we can begin to chunk down this big project idea and build the heritage through grass roots effort of our members. So lets get the discussion going by using this forum as our flip chart and dry-erase board in a brainstorming session and see where it goes. Let’s first start a thread that lists everything conceivable that you can think of that needs to go into Antique Motorcycle Heritage. This thread can be broad categories or the more detailed break down of these broad categories. As usual any of your ideas can go into a reply.

Thanks

Mike Love
    AMCA # 19097

Greetings, I must admit that I've not read this tread because in my mind I was thinking it was about the "Antique Motorcycle Foundation" and like a lot of members I was just not interested. But now I've read it and being one that has researched a particular makes history (Miami Cycle), think it's a great idea! So I would love to share my info and I will start a thread and welcome any information, comments, and input. Thanks.
    Louie
    FaceBook >>>Modern Antique Cycle
    Blog Site >>> http://louiemcman.blogspot.com/
    YouTube >>> LouieMCman

Comment

I guess I'm OK with everything donated by many people all say donated by the AMF Librarian? & many other things i donated are still not shown?

Comment

Things like these, hundreds of letters from the indian factory to dealers explaining why "the consistant thing with Indian was that they were consistant" but sometimes they just did not have control.
        IMG_6607.JPG IMG_6608.JPG IMG_6609.JPG IMG_6610.JPG IMG_6611.JPG
        Last edited by kustomizer; 12-07-2019, 07:43 PM.
        “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

I think I donated them about a year ago but only one volenteer works on uploading the

IMG_6612.JPG IMG_6613.JPG IMG_6614.JPG IMG_6615.JPG IMG_6616.JPG

Some of these letters explain why some years of the same bike have a varity of parts from the factory or in some cases were shipped without the parts at all ie headlights leaving dealers to find something to put on it so they could sell it.

I sent it all in on a thumb drive so one day soon it will all show up in they will be in the virtual library. I am still trying to figure out what to do with the originals.
          “People who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it” ― Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
          X