Frame castings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frame castings

Anyone know who has frame castings for newer Indian Chief frames, mainly the center stand/kick starter casting on '46-'47 frames? Prefer original, good shape, but may be interested in new made as well. Possibly project time, I'm just batting something around right now. Let me know. Thanks.

Hi,
    You may want to check with Indian Parts Europe; http://www.indianpartseurope.com/ They have many items. The kick starter casting is damaged on many of the used frames that show up on eBay, but that is another avenue. When a frame does have a good kick starter casting, the frame tends to go for a couple of thousand dollars. OUCH!!!. Jerry Greer; https://www.jerrygreersengineering.com/ does frame repairs and they may some extra pieces here and there. There is always Kiwi, Starklite, and the other Indian parts vendors. I don't know of anyone making a reproduction casting for the kick starter. Kiwi makes the whole bike aftermarket, but I don't know what Kiwi uses for the kick starter casting.

Comment

The Kiwi repro bikes I am working on do not have frame castings,& are electric start only

Comment

I was down in India a few years back and visited some of the aftermarket manufacturers there. Back then they had all the castings for a late chief frame. I think they were being made for one of the European Indian parts vendors, but can't remember who? Possibly, Brackell or one of the German guys?

Comment

I'd be perfectly content if someone had a cut up frame that they wouldn't mind getting rid of the center casting, if there is anyone.

Comment

I'd be perfectly content if someone had a cut up frame that they wouldn't mind getting rid of the center casting, if there is anyone.
            I'd be perfectly content if the central bankers sent me $4.6B is spend rapidly to stimulate the economy.
            God can do anything, pray fervently that God drops a center casting in your back yard tonight at midnight then go out in the morning and pick it up.
            Wait, rightous joe has one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-indian-...pYCRR-&vxp=mtr
            Buy this frame on ebay, cut it up then you can be anyone and have your center section.
            Or you can tell us what is wrong with your casting, post a photo, Steve and I will do our best to help you.
            My apology Steve, I couldn't take it anymore.
            Last edited by 1950Panhead; 10-20-2016, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUUN063 View Post
              No kidding here: I do have a post-war frame that is too poor for any kind of restoration, let alone function. I will check its condition today. Perhaps it has your name on it

Comment

I'll just end this thread. Sorry to turn it into a WTB ad. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X