WL vent line change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WL vent line change

My WLA has a 1947 and up tank. The fuel lines have been changed to accept rubber lines. The only one not converted is the vent line with the banjo fitting. I believe the threads are 3/8-24.

I want to do a 90 degree elbow and accept a 3/8' rubber fuel line.

Has anyone done this and where did you find the fitting?

Thank you.

I sent a email to Dennis Corsco but I didn't see this item on their website.

I punted and ordered a banjo fitting and will get the bolt that goes through the middle. Colony#7807-3

Comment

Well crap. I got the bolt, but the banjo fitting is way too big. The bolt that does through the middle is about 7/16" so the banjo fitting must be slightly larger. The one I receive is probably about an 1". I basically need the banjo end of the oil line for a 45. Anyone see one that fits a 3/8" oil line?
      Last edited by DCoul; 11-02-2016, 05:36 PM.

Comment

The vent line banjo on a 45 and on an early BT oil tank are the same diameter. The feed line banjo is bigger. A banjo with a short line soldered in is a fine attachment for a rubber line. Sounds like you have a feed line banjo, not vent line.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thank you Rubone. Seems like with all the adapters that Colony and other companies make, they would have one for the banjo end of the oil vent line. Or, is it just my inexperience that makes me look for something that needs to me made? Probably "reinventing the wheel" again. All the other lines appear to have adapters that go on the oil and gas tanks except this one. Maybe I need to look for a big twin vent line banjo fitting adapter.

Comment

Looks like it's Flatland part number 4968. It's on the way. Looks like I need to do some threading or soldering. Thanks Rubone.

Comment

Working...
            X