Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40EL Clutch Help

Hi all,

The clutch hub friction disk is broken (part #2473-36). Is this part still available or should I try to modify another similar disc that I have?
    I should mention that this part number is from a 1936-48 Parts Catalog (black cover) that I got off e-bay.
    I have a disk that is close to the same size. It is for a clutch brake in a truck trans. I have seen these discs last for over a million miles. Would it be
    an appropriate material to use?
    Will try to post some pics.
    Sorry, I can not get pics to copy from photo bucket. Will do another post with more info and try pics there.
    Any advise, opinions, thoughts please.

Thank you,
    Rod
    AMCA#25781
    Last edited by Old Ugly 40; 08-16-2016, 11:11 PM.

Hi again,
    Finally got pics to post, had a hell of a time. Had to use a different browser.
    As can be seen the original friction disk is broken and I don't believe it is available. I am thinking of using the orange disk shown.
    This disk is for a heavy truck trans clutch brake so I believe it should be tough enough. The outside diameter is good but the center hole needs to be enlarged which shouldn't be a problem. This disk is .034 in. thicker than than the old one that is worn. Old is .091, new is .125 in.
    Any advise, opinions or thoughts please.
    Thank you in advance,
    Rod
    AMCA #25781
    Last edited by Old Ugly 40; 08-18-2016, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X