1951 Nimbus "Sport" model for sale.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1951 Nimbus "Sport" model for sale.

Hello fellow antique Motorcycle enthusiasts ! Here is an affordable 65 year old motorcycle that you can actually use as a daily rider ! I am offering an absolutely beautiful restored Nimbus for sale. It is a very rare solo "Sport" model with the high pipe and has undergone a complete nuts and bolts restoration. This being my 10th Nimbus it is the finest I have offered or seen in the US. Completely correct right down to the cad plating on the correct unmarked hardware to the cloth covered wiring harness to the NOS era correct tires. The motor was rebuilt in Denmark before I had it imported. If you know about Nimbusses you are aware that they run flawlessly, are very easy to start and have a low center of gravity so they feel very light and are quite nimble. Decades ahead of their time they had since 1934 an overhead cam, shaft drive, built in accelerator pump, positive crankcase ventilation, the first telescopic front end, no chains anywhere , head light switch in left hand grip and foot shift hand clutch ('38 and on) Many of these ideas weren't on American bikes for years if not decades later ! With only a little over 200 in this country they are difficult to find one for sale never mind a "Like New" one like this. It would be a perfect bike for show/judging but even better that you ride , ride, ride her ! Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have or for a detailed list of this build and all the new parts and or for detailed photos. Travis The Nimbus Nut @ 719-641-6484 or email at nimbusnut@gmail.com
    note: color is a bit darker than appears in photos.
    Attached Files
    The Nimbus Nut

That's beautiful, Travis. Too bad the Cannonball has me broke right now...

Kevin

Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Hi Jake,
      thanks for the comment Yea I'm sure that could use up a lot of a guys time ............................ not to mention any savings account ;>) What are you planning on riding this year?
      Travis
      The Nimbus Nut
      The Nimbus Nut

Comment

Originally posted by Travis View Post
        Hi Jake,
        thanks for the comment Yea I'm sure that could use up a lot of a guys time ............................ not to mention any savings account ;>) What are you planning on riding this year?
        Travis
        The Nimbus Nut
        1916 Indian, with a little luck.

Kevin

Kevin
        https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

Cool !! I will be looking for you when you pass through Pueblo CO. Best of luck to you !
          Travis
          The Nimbus Nut
          Originally posted by Shaky Jake View Post
          1916 Indian, with a little luck.

Kevin

The Nimbus Nut

Comment

Very nice Travis. As always, your "Restorations" are the best out there on anything you work on.
            Hope all is well, Len.
            AMCA #765

Comment

Hey Len,
              thanks for your kind comments Always great to hear from you, I hope you are doing well. These are one of the most fun and easy to ride and maintain antiques that I have had and I use my '38 as an almost daily rider ! I am having a lot of fun riding them all over the country ;>)
              Take care Man,
              Travis
              The Nimbus Nut

Comment

Working...
              X