No announcement yet.

Excelsior 1919?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive spoken to him a couple of times since, he is still hoping to find the parts and build it up I believe.

There is a small group of people around the world working on 1915 and Series 16 X at the moment, so help is available when Olie is ready to restore (or ready to pass it to the next person if that is the case.)

Comment

Ben, as you well know, collecting parts for a long term project is never ending. You have to stay actively involved it hunting that stuff down, and checking out every lead.
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        Ben, as you well know, collecting parts for a long term project is never ending. You have to stay actively involved it hunting that stuff down, and checking out every lead.
        Couldnt agree more Eric! Ive been doing just that of late for my Super X projects, and 1915 linkage parts. One thing I can say is that although it may not be in the parts book, having seen and closely studied many Big X's I can say that every year the majority of parts had changes made. In some cases the design varied within the year, and may have varied several time. To get all my bikes correct has been a big challenge, but im getting there!

Cylinders are a good example, even 1915 there are two major versions, then Series 16 has at last count three variants. Continually learning all the little details.

Comment

Working...
        X