No announcement yet.

Carb Rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont know about 1925 Henderson, but 1924 and earlier Deluxe are Zenith T4X or T4.
    Last edited by bbinns; 06-20-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

I cleaned the carb and when I choke the thing, fuel squirts out the top of the float bowl and the side of the thing. Not getting any fuel up to the cylinders. I am quite the amateur at this stuff.
      Thanks for the replies.

Comment

How about a photo of the rest of the bike, looks good so far!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Lincoln!

I see that it is an updraft. The closest relative I have studied is the Marvel for '36 Indian Fours

Marvels were evil potmetal; I hope your Tilly is bronze, and that is patinated nickel in the last pic? (I fear it isn't.)

Overflow suggests a deteriorated float.
          If it is cork, and I can hold it in my hand, I can probably produce them easily.
          If it is brass, it is far more complicated.

Failing to draw fuel upward suggests a vacuum leak.
          Fours are not easy to bubble-test at all, so you may want to try one of the barnyard tricks first, like snooping with an un-lit propane torch while the motor is idling, if you can get it to run at all.

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-21-2016, 10:57 AM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Is there any modern carbs available that I could bolt on and go? At this point I just want it to run!
            thanks again.

Comment

IMG_4010.jpg

Here is a photo of the unit. I am pretty sure the tank is wrong, I would like to find a proper tank if anyone has one reasonably priced.
              Thanks

Comment

That's beautiful, I can see why you want it running! Hopefully more carb help is on the way.
                Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                X