No announcement yet.

Another LIBERTY MCY SPECIALTIES Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to bring this to the forefront again, but... Its getting out of hand.

Once again, Liberty can only honor float and manifold requests from new accounts,...

Don't get upset with me, especially on the phone, just submit your carburetor service requests from an established account that I know will pay me.

....Cotten
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-02-2016, 07:04 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

tom, how do I know if I have an established account? sorry for a probably dumb question.

Comment

Nuklhd!

Just send me a PM with your real name and address (I can never remember from web names....), and if you are in my postal address files without a red flag, you are "established".
        But you will have to be quite patient with any carb requests, as The Schebler Wars have me shell-shocked and gun-shy.
        ....Cotten
        AMCA #776

Comment

Sorry to bump this thread Folks,

But Liberty is still backlogged with overwhelming demand.

Only manifold services and float requests can be honored in a timely manner,

Thanks for this valuable forum,

.....Cotten
          AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
            Don't forget, Bill,...

You are an 'established account.'

....Cotten
            PS: The real tragedy is that there is no one in the next generation to pick up the ball and run with it.
            As a reply for the next generation picking up the skills, how can we when the prices are so high because of the 401k cash in's. This hobby is now for the top percentile. The only old bikes the younger can afford are the shovelheads. The rest has already faded out of reach as far as we are concerned. I am a degreed Industrial Engineer with over ten years experience being a plastic injection mold maker that pulls in a decent wage and can't even find a decent chief that would pull in almost half my years salary.

I am just about ready to design, make the patterns, castings and machine my own air cooled four cylinder engine. At least I have the time and means to do that.

It is very ironic that the people who want it carried on ar the same people that put these bikes out of reach in the first place and that are moving them out of the country. So, the old hobby will indeed die with the older generation.

As far as the guy who screwed Cotton over, pull his membership as well as the guy who used his pictures that is now making money with them.
            Last edited by ryan; 04-11-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Ryan!

Tedd's theft of "intellectual property" certainly went across the 'red line', but as an AMCA magazine advertiser, he is 'untouchable'. Hell, his attorneys' sent me threats!

Although I get "screwed" occasionally, its my own fault if I trust a poor supplier.
              As far as customers, I have the very best on the planet. But unfortunately, there is not enough of my time to go around...

If you really have time on your hands, there are plenty of Schebler parts that the "top percentile" would appreciate (I still believe in "trickle down"), since ebay offerings are most often guapo! (The GX chokeshaft, disc, and tab that I just received from Sweden was so crude that I won't even 'feedback' on ebay. Almost sorry I registered over the Holidays....)

You can always post me direct at libertynightshift@gmail.com

....Cotten
              Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-11-2017, 02:57 PM.
              AMCA #776

Comment

Cotten,
                Guapo means handsome or "good looking", not what you were trying to say I would surmise...

Ryan,
                I call BS on your rant. There are lots of good deals out there and it isn't the realm of old rich guys. I've never made more than a low income living all my life (my choice) and find plenty of old junk to keep me occupied. If you can't find it, you aren't really looking or don't know what you are looking at. And I find the biggest increase in prices has been caused by the young guys into the fad bobber scene who have driven the price of 45s and BT flatheads and Knuckles through the roof, not the rich guys. Prices are all about supply and demand, not income level. High end collectors are not looking for projects....
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  Cotten,
                  Guapo means handsome or "good looking", not what you were trying to say I would surmise...
                  Well damn the spell-checker...

G-u-a-no?

And no matter what, Ryan's dismay is widely felt.
                  There was a time (*sigh*) when motorcycles were embraced by those who couldn't afford more.
                  Times change, and if the rich wish to support those who still have obsolete and endangered skills, let it be.

Sadly, I cannot even begin to supply the most critical demand by myself.

....Cotten
                  Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-11-2017, 06:27 PM.
                  AMCA #776

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                    Cotten,

Ryan,
                    I call BS on your rant. There are lots of good deals out there and it isn't the realm of old rich guys. I've never made more than a low income living all my life (my choice) and find plenty of old junk to keep me occupied. If you can't find it, you aren't really looking or don't know what you are looking at. And I find the biggest increase in prices has been caused by the young guys into the fad bobber scene who have driven the price of 45s and BT flatheads and Knuckles through the roof, not the rich guys. Prices are all about supply and demand, not income level. High end collectors are not looking for projects....

Robbie,
                    The thing is, I do know what I am looking for and looking at. I am not talking about the high end collectors. I am talking about the window in with I came into this world, meaning the guys about ten years older than me were able to get the real deals and the prices were up big time before I was able to jump in. The so called deals I run across are bikes of used up parts being thrown together and trying to be sold as barn fresh bikes.
                    I do not know what type of projects you run onto, but my lack of is not from the lack of looking, but maybe what I am looking for. For instance one of my bikes I have is a Frankenstein bike that is a 1965 with a 38 knuckle and 38 tranny and 38 wheels that has 1954 panheads on it. I have everything to put the 65 together, but an engine that I cannot find. So then I am left with the 38 parts that needs everything. I may as well put aftermarket barrels and heads on it as well as an aftermarket frame and front end. Point being, that I would have well over 20 grand completing both bikes. I do not think these prices are caused by the young guys. I do not see very many young guys selling at the meets.
                    As far as a chief goes, 20 grand for a possible runner that needs another ten grand put in it. Again, please help me understand what kind of pieces you are working with? I just noticed that the prices went through the roof again when people started cashing in 401ks.

It is not a rant as much as it is a reality.
                    Last edited by ryan; 04-11-2017, 08:25 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear people messed it up for us cotton who would gladly pay up front even if it's over what it actually takes as I have a original Linkert I needed serviced by you after hearing from all the great post especially from Robbie who's word I trust ...I would not feel comfortable sending it to someone I know nothing about...
                      1961 Panhead Duo Glide FL mostly original.

Comment

Nobody has messed it up more than me, Wmnmy!

Money up front would only rob me of what little sleep I get.
                        Its not about getting good work in, its about getting good work out.

I finally finished up a half-dozen GXs that came in as pure fossils, and it took three years. (I hope the owner is still alive....)
                        Skilled TIGmeisters have become as scarce as honest politicians around here, and they don't want to do the sculpting. Everything comes down to more art than science.
                        One major problem with the GXs and potmetal DLXs is that the HS needles never aim at the seat, as per http://www.antiquemotorcycle.org/bbo...ghspeed+needle
                        I now make internal needle guides from PEEK to remedy this issue, but they are tedious to cut and index. It turns out that they cannot be machined concentric, but intentionally skewed, and only several tries can get it close enough.

I would have priced myself out of the market long ago, if it were not for very serious customers with serious resources.

....Cotten
                        PS: Registering for ebay over the Holidays has been downright tragic.
                        It can only get worse if I sell...
                        Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-12-2017, 02:06 PM.
                        AMCA #776

Comment

Just bumping this with an update, Folks,

Other than cutting floats and manifold seals, Liberty must now curtail accepting any new work until after the Davenport Meet, even from established accounts.

Thanks for your patience,

....Cotten
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-14-2017, 03:17 PM.
                          AMCA #776

Comment

Six sandwiches short of a full picnic basket!
                            AMCA #3149
                            http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
                              Six sandwiches short of a full picnic basket!
                              Due to overwhelming demand, Folks,..

Liberty will be refusing new accounts after Davenport, except for carburetor float and manifold service requests...

Many thanks for this useful forum,

.....Cotten
                              Last edited by T. Cotten; 07-14-2017, 04:01 PM.
                              AMCA #776

Comment

Sorry to be annoying Folks,..

But due to overwhelming demand, ALL new carburetor servicing requests cannot be tended until Spring, and maybe thereafter.

I'm only human,...

Again,
                                Many thanks for this useful forum,

...Cotten
                                Last edited by T. Cotten; 10-09-2017, 06:17 PM.
                                AMCA #776

Comment

Working...
                                X