Replacement springer legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement springer legs

Does anyone know of a source for replacement springer legs, or how big of a demand there is? I'm looking at manufacturing replacement legs to restore springers that have been extended, wrecked, etc. But before I lay out a bunch of cash, does anyone know if someone is already making these? I'm talking about the complete leg, not just a lower section. If I had a bunch of these made up, who would be interested in them?
    Many thanks.

It would be cheaper to buy them from Tedd's rice circus.
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Luland View Post
      It would be cheaper to buy them from Tedd's rice circus.
      The ones I've seen don't match the original contours very well. I'm looking for something to repair original forks.

Comment

Does anyone know of a source for replacement springer legs, or how big of a demand there is?
        There are a few guys that have skills to repair springers.

But before I lay out a bunch of cash, does anyone know if someone is already making these?
        Some guys have made parts for repairs, the parts are not for sale as they are made for specific repairs.

If I had a bunch of these made up, who would be interested in them?
        Anyone that wanted to repair a springer fork and has the skills to do so.

Comment

I had RICH ZIGLER repair my inline an he did a great job cant tell any work was done my legs didn't match an one leg was brocken off , rich zigler (423)420-0480 good luck

Comment

Between me and a friend of mine we could use FOUR pairs of BT late style Springer front lower legs if anyone has any or if anyone is making any??? 46EL

Comment

Hi Mike.
              I'm wondering how you would go about forming these legs. Are you a die/tool maker. And next question would be...what grade of steel are you going to use for the repair legs?
              Regards Steve
              Steve Little
              Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
              Australia.
              AMCA member 1950

Comment

Hi Mike.
                You've picked a complicated, and expensive part to get to the level your pitching at.
                Be careful how much money you invest. The cost of tooling may never be met.

Chrom-moly is the material Harley used.
                For compatibility, and strength in the repair of a springer leg, you would have to use the same.

You live in a society that will sue, if you fart.
                If financial backing for your venture isn't a problem, finding an insurance company to provide cover, may be.
                Steve Little
                Upper Yarra Valley. Victoria.
                Australia.
                AMCA member 1950

Comment

If I had 25 more
                  sets of lower legs I could have 25 more springers.

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                  Between me and a friend of mine we could use FOUR pairs of BT late style Springer front lower legs if anyone has any or if anyone is making any??? 46EL

Comment

A new batch has been produced. Both early and late style. Just picked up 2 sets at Oley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Sprin...UAAOSwwE5WVJqG

Comment

Originally posted by Erdos View Post
                      A new batch has been produced. Both early and late style. Just picked up 2 sets at Oley.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Sprin...UAAOSwwE5WVJqG
                      I believe it is the rigid fork leg people are looking for. I recall rigid legs being made in Germany years ago but I have not seen them lately.
                      Eric Smith
                      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
                        I believe it is the rigid fork leg people are looking for. I recall rigid legs being made in Germany years ago but I have not seen them lately.
                        I wasn't sure a lot of people are asking about "Springer front lower legs". Which I interpreted as the sprung leg. I'm no help on the rigid leg.

Comment

Erdos, you are correct in that no one has defined which component they want legs for. There's a rigid fork, and spring fork to that assembly. I assumed it was about the rigid fork because the spring fork legs are pretty easy to find, and the reproductions are nicely made, and authentic looking. The rigid fork legs would be very difficult to make which is why you rarely see them.
                          Last edited by exeric; 04-28-2016, 01:50 PM.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                          X