No announcement yet.

Springer length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for the record. I've been riding about 50 years, this is bike number 18 I think. Maybe 19. I repair and maintain them all myself and completely rebuilt multiple dirt bikes, 2 Triumphs, and a basket case Ultra Classic. This WLA just happens to be the oldest I've owned and am trying to get familiar with it as it has parts from different years and a model and manufacturer that seems to change parts slightly every few years. Like most of them.
    I am familiar with the term "bob job" and it's new slang version "bobber". And the history of this kind of bike and the new trend toward "bobbers" "board trackers" "big wheels", all that stuff because I love motorcycles and always have.

I am surprised that this seems to be a somewhat "chippy" forum. I thought the HTT forum was cantankerous. I guess it's the internet age or something.

I've received great help trying to sort out this bike and I do appreciate it. I'll have more questions and I would like to thank you all up front for the help and I'll try not to bore anyone with questions that are too simple. Some of this stuff, like my questions in another area about what a standard length springer measures can't be found, and there is a wealth of knowledge by people who have worked on these bikes for decades instead of only months, like me.

Stopped at Steamboat Springs on the way to Sturgis. Nice place, tiny hotel room at Rabbit Ears Motel.

Unfortunately I do have some friends that are on the cusp of not riding anymore and I feel for them. I hope that day is a long way off for me.

I do plan on checking out a AMCA road run. I'm not a big fan of meetings or group riding so we'll see how it goes.
    Last edited by DCoul; 02-18-2016, 06:04 PM. Reason: one more thing

Comment

Working...
    X