1927 J Model timing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Bro 74
    Purchased the coil from replicantmetals in the US, Information fro other members seem to recommend this product so fingers crossed it will be fine, will update after receiving the product.

Happy Christmas folks

Chris (UK)

Comment

Hello again

Is there anybody out there that can help with setting up my timing ?
      I have seen a J model and the guy had put a small piece of tape on his advance and retard grip so that when the two sections matched this gave the optimum running.
      Good idea I thought.
      So here is my quest, using a timing strobe light against the TDC mark on the fly wheel where should we be.
      ie ticking over : TDC or advanced say 6 degrees.
      And if anybody knows it would be good to receive some information on the various engine ranges.

Thanks Guys.

Chris

Comment

Woops that was referring to a WLA (wrong section) so please ignore the last post

Comment

Hi Chris,

your bike is a beauty, hopefully I can go for a ride with you over the summer as your only 5 minutes up the road.
          Happy New Year.

Tony

Comment

Hi TONY

Thanks, it is a bit sick at the moment with this electrical problem, but the good news is that the WLA is on programme and should be up and running for March.
            By all means drop down, we are going to Holland in May for the show, if you fancy the run ?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisLewis View Post
              Hi TONY

Thanks, it is a bit sick at the moment with this electrical problem, but the good news is that the WLA is on programme and should be up and running for March.
              By all means drop down, we are going to Holland in May for the show, if you fancy the run ?
              HI Chris,
              text me your address and I'll drop you a line when I can pop down and say hi.
              Cheers

Tony

Comment

Working...
              X