Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guy from MN

Hello !

I've been apart of the CAI group for awhile and figured it was time to become a member and join this crowd.

Name is Will and I'm from St. Paul MN, more of a younger guy here (23) so I think I stick out at the swap meets... I don't even have the chopper beard! I'll buy anyone a beer or a coffee to pick their brain.

I have too many old Hondas so I decided to go to the dark side and putz around with a 29JD. She's going to be a bike from parts but resurrecting a motorcycle from parts pretty cool in my book. I just pick up stuff here and there for it although the big pieces are mostly bought. Maybe it'll get done... She's being built as a daily rider so I'm not too stuck on "original" for the moment. There's plenty of those around that never sell on ebay .

I'm an engineer and am interested in mapping out a JD engine in CAD, so if any of you guys want to team up on that let me know! I think it would be a useful tool for the future.

Also if anyone in the cities area needs to borrow some lathe or a mill time for a few hours just let me know! I can help out with that.

Also you viking chapter guys, I'll be finding you at diamonds Saturday mornings...

Thanks for letting me in!

Will, Welcome to the AMCA. Good luck with your project, many here can give advice.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Welcome to the forum whp.
      Young, fresh and talented minds such as yours can be a great asset here as well.
      Good luck with your project
      Rod
      AMCA#25781

PS- Anything I knew I have forgotten or was wrong..

Comment

Thanks guys! Trying to keep all this cool stuff alive. i think I have a build mentor to help me through some of the tricky details and I'm glad to have one. Multiple generations of information is packed into these bikes and I need to know it all!

Comment

Working...
        X