No announcement yet.

1947 Chief paint inside fenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used 3rd Dimension 5.0 urethane enamel 1985-1988 American motors black. The single stage will have UV protection in it and dose not need the second stage clear coat for protection. My paint came from a local auto paint supply house. On a two stage system you need the second stage for protection of the color coat. I am sure you have seen the cars and there paint when areas of the clear coat fails.
    Jim D
    Jim D

Comment

Hi,
      Oilcan's information is correct. I'm not sure about the years, but 46-48 sounds reasonable. Police solo seats have been known to have had extra padding and the seat edge protectors - even on the early 1950s Chiefs, but I don't think I have ever seen fringe on a Police saddle. Here are some photos of what are believed to be original deluxe solo saddles.

1946 Indian Chief Solo Seat A.jpg1946 Indian Chief Solo Seat B.jpg FRINGE.jpg 1947 Chief with original type solo seat fringe.jpg
      Last edited by Yellow53Chief; 09-05-2015, 09:02 PM. Reason: Photo added

Comment

Originally posted by jim d View Post
        I used 3rd Dimension 5.0 urethane enamel 1985-1988 American motors black. The single stage will have UV protection in it and dose not need the second stage clear coat for protection. My paint came from a local auto paint supply house. On a two stage system you need the second stage for protection of the color coat. I am sure you have seen the cars and there paint when areas of the clear coat fails.
        Jim D
        Thanks. I was confusing two part (like epoxy) with two stage (for UV protection).

Comment

Working...
        X