HD belt thickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD belt thickness

I'm getting ready to have a belt made up for my 1912 single . I'm going to specify a three piece belt, with Kevlar center.
    Question is, how thick a belt to specify....ideas anyone??? Thanks , Rod

Originally posted by Rod K View Post
    I'm getting ready to have a belt made up for my 1912 single . I'm going to specify a three piece belt, with Kevlar center.
    Question is, how thick a belt to specify....ideas anyone??? Thanks , Rod
    According to the Harley-Davidson 1912 publication "Instructions for the Operation and Care of Harley-Davidson Motorcycles", the leather belts for a 1912 Harley-Davidson single were manufactured by the Chicago Belting Company, 113-125 N. Green Street, Chicago, IL. The original 1912 leather belt for my single measures 1 3/4 inches wide by 1/4 inch thick. I had a replacement made several years ago with the same measurements. The belts are a continuous belt with a glued lapped connection. See my Avatar above.

The second home, built c. 1910, of Chicago Belting is still standing at 113 N. Green Street in Chicago and is known as the "Allis Building" named for the President and founder Charles Allis.
    Last edited by talbot-2; 06-08-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Talbot-2, thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to riding this thing. It's been a long project.

Comment

You can buy belts pre-made from the folks who make the Timeless Cycle. They are original spec... work great. They stretch a bit at first. Then work like a charm.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Working...
        X