Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Triumph Single

Hi Folks:

I am helping a friend of mine restore his 1911 Triumph. Magnificent little machine. So much technology... and such the epitome of British inventiveness and quality! I'd add that Tommo has been utterly invaluable in the process! So thanks!

I am looking for two things... who can restore/re-create a Brooks Saddle? We have all the metal. Just need the leather/stamp done.

Second: Fenders.... I think one fender is off a Schwinn or a Huffy... and the other is really rough. It can be fixed, but the amount of bodyworking involved will be massive. Anyone doing new fender extrusions? I don't need the whole fender. But need the shape and we can move the hardware over and fit it up. I can post a picture or a 'profile' of the fender if needed.

Thanks... this is going to be such a neat little bike!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Adam Higgins of Morwell, Victoria, Australia is your man for mudguards.
    The phone number I have is 03 5148 2838 but no doubt some of the Aussies that post here can confirm if that is his current phone number.
    He makes a wide range of motorcycle mudguards and any I have got from him have been excellent.
    Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
    A.M.C.A. # 2777
    Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommo View Post
      Adam Higgins of Morwell, Victoria, Australia is your man for mudguards.
      The phone number I have is 03 5148 2838 but no doubt some of the Aussies that post here can confirm if that is his current phone number.
      He makes a wide range of motorcycle mudguards and any I have got from him have been excellent.
      That is exactly what I was going to say :-)
      1914 P&M
      1915 Indian (project)
      1930 M50 Panther
      1958 M35sport Panther

Comment

I would love to see a picture of the Triumph Sirhr. Early British motorcycles are true industrial art.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Try here http://www.vintage-motorcycle.com/ . Every time i send them an email i get an answer. They are in Austria. I stopped one time at their place. it's a nice collection the guy has. contact barry brown he may know about a saddle maker that is a little closer.
          rob ronky #10507
          www.diamondhorsevalley.com

Comment

HI Eric:

Wilco... but right now it is in about 300 pieces. Which, I think, is all of them!

I'll try and get a 'before' picture for you. It looks good in pictures. But in reality was a disaster! Bad '70s restoration. Really bad!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Turns out I had a few before pictures I took myself. I forgot I took any.

Compared to its HD counterpart... it's like comparing a Swiss watch to a threshing machine. Both serve a purpose... but one does it with finesse and one is a sledgehammer.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Comment

Perhaps Brooks (http://www.brooksengland.com), who still make a wide range of bicycle saddles and cycling leather goods, would make a new cover with the appropriate stamp for you?

AFJ

Comment

In 2013 I contacted "Brooks" in England seeking a source for a saddle badge for a 1908 Brooks, B-100, saddle. Brooks suggested that I contact an approved Brooks restorer located in England. His contact information is Anthony (Tony) Colegrave, Wellhouse, Hastings Road, Northiam Rye, East Sussex, England. tony_colegrave@hotmail.com He did supply me with an original 1908 Brooks saddle badge for a very reasonable price. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X