X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Toy

1947 EL - just got it home tonight.
    Attached Files

Wow! Very nice, Jerry. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the piece on the front of the front fender? Is that just decorative? Dale

Comment

You are probably talking about the accessory front bumper support. Jerry

Originally posted by painterdale View Post
      Wow! Very nice, Jerry. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the piece on the front of the front fender? Is that just decorative? Dale

Comment

Very nice!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

ms Deb and you will be styling. great look n ride.
          gww57.com

Comment

That's a beauty!
            Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Looks just like mine!! Obviously you're a man of great taste......
              Very nice bike Jerry - BEST of luck with it....
              Bill Pedalino
              Huntington, New York
              AMCA 6755

Comment

Very nice --fun toy to ride!

Comment

It is a great ride! With some minor carb repair Jerry was able to get it to run very well for a motorcycle that hasn't been ridden for 40 years. I was really impressed with how tight and solid it feels, and brakes, maybe the best working stoppers of any knuck I've ridden. With just a little tinkering this machine will be an easy daily rider. I'm one of those weirdos that think old motorcycles have feelings and it was obvious to me this is a happy motorcycle, no more sitting in the corner catching nothing but dust and bird poop, the new caretaker is a rider.
                  Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

Is that a thin brace front fender? Not trying to pick the bike apart as I have an early 46EL that has a wide brace front and thin brace rear? And i have seen a few front fenders 47 and 48 Pan that had upper and lower braces mismatched on the same fender. One of them the 48 from what I remember was an original paint bike with a very high VIN. 46EL

Comment

This is an original paint bike and yes it is a narrow strap front fender strap. I have seen a lot of 1947's with this fender arrangement but usually they are much lower serial numbers than this one. The serial is 47EL1067x. I cannot explain it and I am not going to try. If it got changed out it was before 1969 but there is no evidence this bike has ever been apart.

Jerry

Originally posted by 46EL View Post
                      Is that a thin brace front fender? Not trying to pick the bike apart as I have an early 46EL that has a wide brace front and thin brace rear? And i have seen a few front fenders 47 and 48 Pan that had upper and lower braces mismatched on the same fender. One of them the 48 from what I remember was an original paint bike with a very high VIN. 46EL

Comment

Like I mentioned Jerry in no way was I picking the bike apart. Just trying to figure out hpw HD did things through 46 to 48. Even on my 46EL that is very original mid year bike with a Thin Brace rear fender?? 46EL

Comment

Ive got a 46el not as nice as this one "WOW"

Comment

What's the history with the bike Jerry? Beautiful motorcycle, and nice to see them in that condition.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

Beautiful!

Congratulations.

Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X