69 xlh motor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 xlh motor question

I am currently rebuilding a 69 xlh motor . This is my first xlh and not familiar with oil line connections. What is the port at 7 o'clock to the rear exhaust cam and what type fitting does it take

Pictures?...
    Be sure to visit;
    http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
    Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
    Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

This is a 69 ch motor, the feed and return are the same as the H. Not sure which one your looking for but the left is the feed the right is the return. Check your parts book on the fittings I think they are the same as what you see here, but I'm not an H man.

1959 XLCH

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
        This is a 69 ch motor, the feed and return are the same as the H. Not sure which one your looking for but the left is the feed the right is the return. Check your parts book on the fittings I think they are the same as what you see here, but I'm not an H man.

The cases I have the port is at the lower left 7 o'clock to the rear exhaust cam and is threaded at an angle 1/8 npt

Comment

Pictures are everything, post some so we know exactly what your talking about. I'm not sure what your getting at.
          1959 XLCH

Comment

Are any of the oil lines as small as 1/8" ?
            VPH-D

Comment

Originally posted by murph View Post
              Pictures are everything, post some so we know exactly what your talking about. I'm not sure what your getting at.
              I will take a few pics and post soon

Comment

Are any of the oil lines as small as 1/8" ?
                Only the feed to the top end.
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Pictures of oil fittings go

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
                  Only the feed to the top end.
                  Picture of oil port location not sure what the one at 7 o'clock to the rear cam and what is the proper fitting for there. also the breather is slightly off the mark when timing marks are lined up
                  Attached Files

Comment

For what it's worth- my '67 XLH has an 1/8th pipe plug in it, but it is nowhere near a stock bike. Dale

Comment

Just trying to figure out what type fitting or plug was used here or were it connectedimage.jpg

Comment

Used where??
                        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

I think that threaded hole is for the chain oiler supply line.
                          VPH-D

Comment

image.jpg
                            Thanks for the reply Robbie , this is Artie Frank by the way. I am trying to figure out what the port is to the left rear of the rear exhaust cam I put the oil line fitting in but not sure if that is correct .also if you would look at the location of breather timing. The timing mark is in center of inspection hole gears are all in alignment but breather seems to be a little regarded about half of the hole in breather. See picture

Comment

Hi Artie,
                              How you doing?
                              Make sure the pinion gear is spaced out the proper distance from the gasket surface in order to check the breather timing. The distance is critical.
                              The oil fitting looks like this.

Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                              X