XLCH Seat Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XLCH Seat Bracket

I haven't found an OEM seat pan bracket for my '64 yet so I purchased one from V-Twin . It's definitely Chinese, but after taking it out of the plastic, it looks like fairly good quality for temporary use. In fact, I was hoping that it would be acceptable judging, should I decide to do so.

However, after assembling my recently re-plated plunger assembly and mounting the bracket, I noticed that the roller pin doesn't line up with the hole in the welded bracket on the left side (see Photo). Before I start messing with the hole, I am wondering; do I have an anomaly or has anyone else had this problem with this aftermarket part?

DSCN2205.jpg
    Bill Pedalino
    Huntington, New York
    AMCA 6755

Bill, the center to center measurement on and oem tee bar, the front hole to the rear pin hole is 7 inches. Is that what you have on the repro tee bar? I do believe someone is making an exact repro of an original but I can't find it at the moment.
    1959 XLCH

Comment

That would be Michael Breeding, google Mikes Harley parts, a dead nuts match the the HD -54 wish bone fitting.

Comment

That's the one! Scroll down to the bottom.

http://www.mikesindianparts.com/45%20HARLEY%20PARTS.htm
        1959 XLCH

Comment

It's not cheap, but it looks like a really nice bracket. I'll buy one - thank you gentlemen. Anyone have a lead for an OEM solo seat pan, OEM solo seat or a good reproduction seat assembly?
          Bill Pedalino
          Huntington, New York
          AMCA 6755

Comment

To find an oem t bar, one in good condition which will need to be painted you will spend the same money. It is my understanding that repro tee bar is an exact copy. As far as an oem seat, if you find that in usable condition your feeling will get hurt on the price. Corbin Gentry sells a nice repro, I have not found a place cheaper than this.....http://www.motoparthub.com/47_0158_V...Z32RoCKAHw_wcB
            1959 XLCH

Comment

Thanks Murph. As for my 'Not cheap' comment, let me clarify my wiseguy remark - I'm not looking for 'cheap' stuff. We all (rightfully) complain about some of the junk that's passed off as 'identical replacement parts' these days. However, from what I can tell from the website picture, it does looks like a lot of care was taken in reproducing the part and that costs money. The piece appears to be very accurate and I have absolutely no problem paying for quality. Thanks for the lead.

I've bought a couple of those Corbin Gentry XLCH seats through Ted in the past and you're correct, they're very nice indeed.
              Bill Pedalino
              Huntington, New York
              AMCA 6755

Comment

Working...
              X