Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 Sportster Frame Casting Number?

Hi Guys,
    Trying to find out of a 17512-51 casting number is correct for a 58 Sportster? I'm trying to buy a bike over the phone from someone that knows less than I do!

Thanks,
    Chad

The 51 dash number could be k model, does it have a cast or welded top motor mount? cast is k, welded thick sheet metal is ohv. It is to cold for me to go look at frames in the barn, I hope this helps. Also look at the right side of seat area casting, there will be a Letter and number stamped there, letter is month and # is year, Shelby
    Last edited by shelbyinparadise; 12-31-2014, 05:38 PM. Reason: added to

Comment

Thank You Shelby,
      I'm trying to buy a bike but I'm not anywhere near it. The seller can't explain much. Pictures are few. I'll have him look for the number in the seat area.
      Chd

Comment

I would consider mailing him a SDHC with 16 GB for a Digital Camera and have him take about 50 or more pictures. You can buy them on sale for under $10 at Staples.
        It may save you from a purchase that you would not have made if you pick up on things in the pictures that are not right. You can load them on the PC and blow them up to check it out. I will not take long trip to look at a bike without doing this. There idea of good and yours may not be the same. Cheap insurance.
        Jim D
        Jim D

Comment

Working...
        X