Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly rebuilt 53' motor roars to life first time in 46 years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly rebuilt 53' motor roars to life first time in 46 years.

After fixing an issue with manifold leakage she fired on the second cycle of 2 primer kicks & then ignition on.

WooHoo!

Kevin

Kevin
    https://www.youtube.com/c/motodesoto

Comment

102 views & 1 reply. This sure is a chatty group.

Comment

Man, A guy works hard to finish a major project, thinks to share in his joy on completion, and all he gets is one Woohoo. That's just not right. Maybe just timing, everyone is still too whacked on the Thanksgiving feast hangover to operate the keyboard. Congratulations on getting the major part of a resto done. Please don't let a lack of response here stop you from showing future progress, I'm sure most of the viewers appreciated your efforts.
        Last edited by koanes; 11-30-2014, 08:57 AM.
        Kyle Oanes AMCA # 3046

Comment

I'm Speechless!

(Actually, nice video! ....and I think this Forum is pretty slow to respond to most postings, but usually folks get around to it eventually.)
          Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Nicely done. Nuthin' like firing up a rebuilt engine for the first time.

Comment

I actually owe many here a debt of thanks for the info & advice they offered. Thanks gentlemen for passing along your knowledge.

Comment

Very nice work indeed. I hope you post more pictures and videos as you assemble the bike.
                AMCA # 3233

Comment

great to see another old bike is going to be down the road again ,enjoy ,Rob

Comment

Woohoo! Nice to see another Indian going to be back on the road!
                    Mike Carver
                    AMCA #3349

Comment

Awesome! I can't find a link to the video?

Comment

Very nice, like the engine stand. Another piece of American history roars to life!!!

Tom

Comment

Have you got the motor back in the frame yet ? photos of complete bike ,Rob

Comment

Originally posted by hairynob24 View Post
                            Have you got the motor back in the frame yet ? photos of complete bike ,Rob
                            This is not my motor. I built it for a friend who is restoring a 1953 Indian Chief that was passed down to him from his late Uncle.

Comment

Very cool....hoping to get my '47 running like that soon. Congrats!
                              Mark

1947 Indian Chief
                              1984 Honda Goldwing Aspencade
                              1998 Honda Valkyrie

Comment

Working...
                              X