No announcement yet.

Amca, vjmc, judging and accusations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost every Japanese bike I see is org paint, regardless of age. Now that is just the ones I have seen, and I have been around a long, long time, thanks, Larry

Comment

Originally posted by 36 knuck man View Post
      Almost every Japanese bike I see is org paint, regardless of age. Now that is just the ones I have seen, and I have been around a long, long time, thanks, Larry
      Larry, With all due respect, the number of restored Japanese bikes coming out at AMCA National Judging Events is growing every year. These bikes are the future of the AMCA and are being restored and repainted to original specifications. Yes, there are a number of unrestored machines surfacing as well, but you will begin to see more and more restored machines as demand outstrips supply.

Flathead Jack

Comment

I think Japanese bikes are great and the restoration of them will be a huge source of renewed interest in vintage motorcycles. Japanese bikes will be the benefactors of recent memory, and enthusiasm, as well as preserved parts hoards and the survival rate will be good. It's a pity that this kind of enthusiasm didn't exist before WW2 for all of the orphan marques, and belt drive motorcycles that got turned into both bullets, and plowshares.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
          I think Japanese bikes are great and the restoration of them will be a huge source of renewed interest in vintage motorcycles. Japanese bikes will be the benefactors of recent memory, and enthusiasm, as well as preserved parts hoards and the survival rate will be good. It's a pity that this kind of enthusiasm didn't exist before WW2 for all of the orphan marques, and belt drive motorcycles that got turned into both bullets, and plowshares.
          That's the most on the money comment in months.
          Ross

Comment

Originally posted by motorpickle View Post
            John, I have read this thread twice now with the 24 hour rule inbetween. I am at a loss understanding what you want to accomplish with this post. It is difficult to judge a motorcycle in person so a generic description on the forum does not do the motorcycle (or you) justice. You have mentioned the points deduction in some of your posts. I would like to clarify this statement. As Chief Judge I took your word, as a member and an owner, that you had personal history details of this machine. In field decisions at Oley and Rhinebeck I removed all deductions in the paint category pertaining to your motorcycle. You received a Senior and Winners Circle award respectively. You and I worked together to resolve this issue. I attended all three meets where your machine was judged. I observed Pete MacMurray to be both professional and courteous when dealing with you and others. It was his assignment to look at and verify if a motorcycle had original paint in that judging category. Pete made no accusations against you or your motorcycle in direct statements or inference. Your motorcycle was treated no differently than any other machine with original paint, unless you count my overruling the judges. If your purpose is to "vent" and seek opinions, so be it. Please stop the personal attacks on Pete MacMurray or any other AMCA member, by name, using this forum.
            Donald Dzurick
            AMCA Chief Judge
            I agree. Thanks Don.
            AMCA #765

Comment

Originally posted by motorpickle View Post
              John, I have read this thread twice now with the 24 hour rule inbetween. I am at a loss understanding what you want to accomplish with this post. It is difficult to judge a motorcycle in person so a generic description on the forum does not do the motorcycle (or you) justice. You have mentioned the points deduction in some of your posts. I would like to clarify this statement. As Chief Judge I took your word, as a member and an owner, that you had personal history details of this machine. In field decisions at Oley and Rhinebeck I removed all deductions in the paint category pertaining to your motorcycle. You received a Senior and Winners Circle award respectively. You and I worked together to resolve this issue. I attended all three meets where your machine was judged. I observed Pete MacMurray to be both professional and courteous when dealing with you and others. It was his assignment to look at and verify if a motorcycle had original paint in that judging category. Pete made no accusations against you or your motorcycle in direct statements or inference. Your motorcycle was treated no differently than any other machine with original paint, unless you count my overruling the judges. If your purpose is to "vent" and seek opinions, so be it. Please stop the personal attacks on Pete MacMurray or any other AMCA member, by name, using this forum.
              Donald Dzurick
              AMCA Chief Judge

Don what I wanted to accomplish
              1. That there be no question in anyone's mind or opinion that I'm misrepresenting my bike as original...
              2. Venting...yep
              3. Judging, points and all that .....non entity...nothin to accomplish...
              4. That after 3, yes, like you said 3 shows, this subject is done.
              5. Personal attacks.....no....

John Harrington

Comment

Working...
              X