46 Chief Head lights and Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 46 Chief Head lights and Generator

My bike has been converted to a 12 volt alternator and has a halogen head light. The passing lights have a smooth clear glass making the reflector and filament visible. You can not see through the Headlight lens because it is textured. I would like to know what the original 6 volt passing and headlights looked like. Were they all smooth and clear or all textured like my headlight? I would also like to know what the generator and regulator looked like and where the regulator was mounted. I may want to make some changes to make it look more like the original.
    Thanks, Chief46

Hi there, I'm going to recommend you get a copy of Jerry Hatfields Indian Restoration Guide for a good starting point on what things should look like on your Chief. It's available from Jerry Greer's and possibly elsewhere. Your fog lamps were an accessory item and could have come from a few different suppliers, but I think clear glass is the norm. Headlamps weren't clear, your halogen sealed bulb has a diiferent lens pattern than original but it's good for seeing on dark roads....so that's good! Generators were Autolite with a regulator mounted on top....

I'd put up some pictures my computer is turned off for the night! You gotta get that book!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation Harry. I just ordered a copy from Amazon.

Comment

Working...
      X