No announcement yet.

Fall colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly agree with you on that Bob. I saw Orlando, Fl. go from the nicest city in Florida in the late 60s, to the ugliest, meanest, over crowded crap hole in the South. Greed, and corrupt politics is always the common denominator.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Today was 55 degrees or so, but bundle up and go is my motto (sometimes). Fall riding is great, the bike runs well and the scenery is good! Someday I'll properly restore this Chief...until then I ride.... dirt roads, paved roads... 800 miles last week. Here's today:

Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Great shots, Harry! Who are you using as a photo hosting service now? You aren't with Photobucket are you?

Dale

Comment

I was just thinking over the weekend wife and I need to go up for a fall ride with Harry. Maybe next year. Beautiful scenery. Don't be in a hurry to restore. People ask me if I'm going to restore my Chief. I say why would I want to ruin a good thing.
          Jason Zerbini
          Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
          Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Very COOL photos!! Where is the "Obligatory" Covered Bridge Photo?

EDIT: OOPS, I found your Covered Bridge Photo... it's UP the page. That was several years ago now, but still a great photo nevertheless!
            Last edited by Jim; 09-30-2019, 08:11 AM.
            Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

The scenery and the bike look great.
              WArmer in nj yesterday but its also walnut dodging time.You can come around a corner and hit what looks like a bushel dumped in the road or worse they fall on you as you drive under.
              Tom

Comment

Originally posted by painterdale View Post
                You aren't with Photobucket are you?
                Dale, I know you're not supposed to negotiate with hostage takers, but Photobucket came out with some revised plans (after the huge ransoms they were demanding!) so I stuck with them for $30 per year. Easier than the alternative I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
                  I was just thinking over the weekend wife and I need to go up for a fall ride with Harry.
                  Jason, do it! My good friend with a '41 Chief up and moved... and sold his Chief! My main riding companion now is a friend riding an FJR Yamaha... he politely insists that I lead!

See what I have to put up with? (... actually a really nice motorcycle, but he's not nearly as tired as me after 200 to 300 miles!):

Last edited by pisten-bully; 09-30-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
                    looks like a bushel dumped in the road or worse they fall on you as you drive under.
                    Whoa, cornering on walnuts, not for the faint of heart! Plunking off the helmet, either!

Comment

Thanks for the covered bridge picture!! You are Lucky guys to have riding like that! Can't talk the guy with the Yamaha into an "antique"? 8^)
                      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Originally posted by pisten-bully View Post
                        Dale, I know you're not supposed to negotiate with hostage takers, but Photobucket came out with some revised plans (after the huge ransoms they were demanding!) so I stuck with them for $30 per year. Easier than the alternative I guess!
                        I did the same thing, Harry, but when I went to post up the Jefferson pictures I got a notice when I logged on to Photobucket. I have apparently exceeded my "current tier limit" and they want more money. My "tier limit" allows for "up to 2500 images or a maximum total of 25GB and includes a maximum 25 MB per month of image hosting bandwidth". I have 170 pictures on there and I only post here. That is why I just inserted the images in my Jefferson post instead of having them hosted. I was just wondering if you got the same ransom notice from them. If I continue, without deleting some images, they will watermark and blur my images.
                        Beautiful area of the country you live in! I have to agree with Jason when he says don't be in a hurry to restore. Your bike looks great!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          Can't talk the guy with the Yamaha into an "antique"?)
                          Jim, we started riding together because he’s local and rode a mid-60’s BMW. Last fall we went out and the Beemer had a final drive grinding and failure ...and he’s been “waiting for parts”... my guess is the comfort of his new bike is causing him to not be in a hurry

Hoping to see other fall riding pictures ....Vermont is nice, but so is everywhere else in the fall!

Comment

Thank you, Harry. (Your in-box is full)

Dale

Comment

Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The Allegheny Mountain Chapter had 2 fall rides back to back the past two weekends. Blessed with great weather this fall to get not 1 but 2 rides in. It was chilly both weekends for some of us departing in morning (30s) but warming up quickly into the 50/60s. Just a few shots here. Both rides were well attended with 17 bikes on one and 21 bikes on the other. Still a decent amount of green leaves in some places so they should still be nice this coming weekend as well. We've had some nice fall rides but these two ranked up there pretty high. On the first ride I had to limp home on 1 cylinder after breaking an exhaust valve but with IndianRiderDave Leukhardt's help was able to get it repaired in time for the following week.

Last edited by Skirted; 10-22-2019, 12:33 PM.
                                Jason Zerbini
                                Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                                Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X