No announcement yet.

Fall colors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pictures ! especially from shooting on the fly.

Comment

Great pictures! I really enjoy seeing them all.
      Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Had a big day, finally found somebody to haul away a car that had been in the woods for 20 years (had a few outright rejections for the job!):

Soobie bye-bye.jpg

So, to celebrate I went for a ride!

E.Randolph.jpgRoyalton.jpgE.Barnard.jpg
        Last edited by pisten-bully; 10-05-2021, 03:32 PM.
        Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

...got kinda carried away (took me 3+ hours to ride 65 miles )

So.Strafford.jpg
          Tunbridge2.jpgTundbridge.jpg

Comment

Your Chief always looks so good, and at home in Vermont's beautiful Fall scenery. Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures, Harry, and also for the inspiration to keep slugging away at my Sport Scout. I always think of your Chief pictures when I visualize how I hope my S.S. will look in a North Georgia Autumn.
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric, Chief's running well in the cool air! I love fall and love to see pictures of fall wherever they come from!

Comment

I figured you'd be reviving this thread any day Harry. Big Joes brought a BIG truck for that little car! Great pics. Wish I was there. Every year I hope to come up and ride with you but fall is always so dang busy for me with something going on every weekend. Gonna have to make it priority.
                Indeed the Chiefs like the cool fall temperatures.....though mine was water cooled at the Blue Ridge Run in NC a couple weeks ago.

We are at least a couple weeks from peak leaf color here in PA.
                Jason Zerbini
                Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Skirted View Post
                  Big Joes brought a BIG truck for that little car!
                  Hahaha! "Ran when parked" in '99 (head gaskets shot), back then a fellow came to get it and left in a spray of gravel he was so mad...it already had big rust holes in it! A few more "no thanks" from others and it wound up in the woods slowly rusting away....until I heard about peddle.com....they came and got it AND paid me $140 for it, unbelievable! Wheels didn't turn so Big Joe dragged it onto the flatbed!

Anyway, Jason....you're great at taking pictures, can't wait to see 'em!

Comment

Harry... I know this isn't my Indian so don't get angry... but I had my '36 VLH out today for a spin around the block and stopped at the local "park". Anyway, fall colors aren't really here yet, but... you can see some brown foliage!
                    Attached Files
                    Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

We don't get a lot of the bright colours out here in the west coast but I took these while out on a drive last fall. 1925 Harley JDCB.

IMG_8192.JPGIMG_8194.JPG

Comment

Stunning picture, and the tree is pretty as well
                        Eric Smith
                        AMCA #886

Comment

That's what I'm talkin' about! Nice pictures, keep 'em coming

Comment

Beautiful motorcycle, and beautiful country. I was in that area last Summer and loved that Mid-West vista. Also saw Bob's bike, which is also beautiful Thanks for the great pictures, Bob.
                            Eric Smith
                            AMCA #886

Comment

One last straggler Fall Colors pic from western PA. Took 64 for a nice ride today to test out new "modern" Dunlop tires I mounted yesterday. It was just going to be a 10 mile jaunt but turned in 40 miles. Temp was about 33 degrees and it started snowing shortly after I got home. The fall leaves were slow coming this year but some of them hung on for a long time like this bunch. I don't mind at all riding in these temps as long as I'm dressed for it....especially with a windshield.

I always ran Avons on the Chief but with advice of a friend, I put modern Dunlops on the 64. I'll never again sacrifice handling for a period correct looking tire which are great on bikes that don't get ridden much or that will be judged. The Chief WILL get modern tires when the Avons wear out.

Jason Zerbini
                              Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
                              Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Nice picture of your Western PA area Jason! Yesterday I rode my '46 Chief to a Seaboard Chapter meeting in 42F and here in NJ the trees are either still green, brown or missing leaves. Can't seem to find the colors I've been wanting to get a photo with. I DID find one area in a park near where I live. So, enjoy the contrasting pictures of "color".

20211114_143546.jpg20211109_133340.jpg
                                Jim

AMCA #6520

Comment

Working...
                                X