AMCA Website Suggestion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fillibuster View Post
    Keith, I've made a timid suggestion several times with regard to a "tech session", a little seminar that would help illiterates like me learn how to navigate and appreciate the contents of our web site. Perhaps the web site IS full of what I want; I just can't find it, maybe.
    Must admit, though, at a swap meet I'm so interested in real things that I would probably skip "class". .. but maybe not... If you send a tutor to the Viking meet I'll be in the front row with my laptop. ...... see you there?
    btw, we hosted the Cushman Nationals Drags at our spring break-out last weekend. Pretty informal, lots of fun, ...... no casualties.
    Good idea for seminar. I'm sorry I will not be at the Viking meet this year due to overlap with Rhinebeck but I will next year. Let me add that to my list of seminars to develop and hopefully we can make that work. Cushman Drags! I'm sorry I missed that. Was there any nitro involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Kizer View Post
      Good idea for seminar. I'm sorry I will not be at the Viking meet this year due to overlap with Rhinebeck but I will next year. Let me add that to my list of seminars to develop and hopefully we can make that work. Cushman Drags! I'm sorry I missed that. Was there any nitro involved?
      No nitro, but we laid some rubber!
      Most of the bikes there did a hot lap, ... or two!

Comment

If you want to attract younger people to the forum, you need to include a twitter feed somehow. Younger people don't like the old bulletin board style news updates. They don't want to receive an email or have to go to a link, then scroll through messages.
        Kevin Sisterson

Comment

Originally posted by kjsisterson View Post
          If you want to attract younger people to the forum, you need to include a twitter feed
          Kevin Sisterson
          Good idea Kevin. I hate twitter myself, but you are correct it is a better way to communicate SHORT messages to members and especially the younger ones. I'll work on that.

Comment

I wish to applaud Executive Director Keith Kizer and the entire AMCA Board for designing, building and maintaining a new fresh and very high quality website for all AMCA Members. It is bright, easy to navigate, and has a multitude of representative pictures of the wide cross section of the AMCA membership interests. It was long overdue and most people have no idea how much work it takes to do a website. The end result is something for all to be proud of.

Thank You
            Steve Klein, President / Editor
            Cherokee Chapter of the AMCA
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            AMCA #12176
            The Klein Collection
            TXUSA
            Steve Klein
            Collector . Conservator . Enthusiast
            American Pre-teens - 1965
            AMCA Member 12176
            Cherokee Chapter President, Editor
            www.CherokeeAMCA.org
            Steve@SteveKlein.com
            Georgetown, TX USA

Comment

Rustoration is making something appear to be what it is not. In other words counterfeiting. I certainty wouldn't promote a practice that is made to deceive someone.
              Be sure to visit;
              http://www.vintageamericanmotorcycles.com/main.php
              Be sure to register at the site so you can see large images.
              Also be sure to visit http://www.caimag.com/forum/

Comment

Golly Chris,

A "restoration" is not the real thing either!
                That's why the AMCA restoration rules have destroyed far more History than they have saved.

....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
                X