Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More '17J Questions

Can anyone help with the following:

1. Thread series used in front hub cones? Trying to determine if Comp Distr. axle bushing (11/16-24) will fit the original cones I have.
    2. Thread series used in rear, left side (R.H. thread) cone lock nut?
    3. Is it feasible to TIG weld a few tiny cracks radiating out from several spoke holes in an original rim? Or is it a throw-away to be replaced by repro's?

Of course, if anyone has any of these items just taking up space in their spare parts bins I'd be interested in making a purchase. I'm trying to build up the wheels to get my project up off the basement floor by the end of summer.

Thanks,
    Jim Donaldson

I can understand this bullshit software

This software sucks!

Originally posted by jdonaldson View Post
    Can anyone help with the followi
    Jim I put the following forward: Bob L
    1. Thread series used in front hub cones? Trying to determine if Comp Distr. axle bushing (11/16-24) will fit the original cones I have. Buy a caliber and learn to use it.
    2. Thread series used in rear, left side (R.H. thread) cone lock nut? Check my website it should state it. I make theses.
    3. Is it feasible to TIG weld a few tiny cracks radiating out from several spoke holes in an original rim? Or is it a throw-away to be replaced by repro's? Why not, you can weld tin foil with a tig.

Of course, if anyone has any of these items just taking up space in their spare parts bins I'd be interested in making a purchase. I'm trying to build up the wheels to get my project up off the basement floor by the end of summer.

Thanks,
    Jim Donaldson
    AMCA #3149
    http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Thanks Bob. I'll look on your site for the lock nut.
      Actually the minor diameters of the cones I have measure 0.692" and 0.698". These are a little large for an 11/16-24 thread (should be something like 0.642"). So, at this point it doesn't look like the Comp. Distr. axle bushing will work, but I'm just fishing for some confirmation on that.
      Know any TIG magicians willing to give this rim a try (for something less than the $$$ of a repro)?

Jim

Comment

Jim, give me a call in the morning and I'll pull some original bushings off the shelf and measure. Bob
        AMCA #3149
        http://www.thegoodoldmotorcyclepartscompany.com

Comment

Working...
        X